Saturday, April 22, 2006

Challenges

When it comes to scrapbooking I often attempt to challenge myself with every layout I do. I've been doing a lot of looking at online galleries lately just to see what is out there. I love my girls tremedously and LOVE scrapbooking about them and obviously they take up most of my scrapbooking time working on their pages. Looking around, I think I have decided that I need to do more for me. Not things about me, just more pages for me. I think out of the 100+ pages I've done only maybe 4-5 are actually for me and not the girls. I'm starting to view things in a different light now. Things I take for granted. Like the fish 'n' chips we have on a regular basis from Manly. This isn't something we have back home and how awesome to scrap a photo of the shop where we buy them and the fish all wrapped up in newspaper! Or how about a photo of the medication that rules and runs my life day in and day out??? I think these things are worthy of scrapbooking. In time these things will change. We will no longer frequent that particular fish 'n' chip place and with age I'm sure there will be more medications added to my list! So this is a new challenge for me (not that 60 pages by year end isn't enough), to scrapbook something in my life that is important or stands out to me. I've set my goal at 12 layouts for the year and each and every one I will post here on my blog. Just don't expect 12 layouts in a month ;) Here's to challenging yourself!

3 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

Oh, you're right! I've done a few layouts for "me" (like my wedding pages, a couple of Rob & I, and I've started my graduation photos) but I really should do more. Especially "everyday" things like the examples you gave. Pretty much all my scrapbooking is of the kids and I guess I think "better scrap that, they are gonna grow up and change so fast" .... but we are also growing and changing, so we need to capture that as well. Thanks for the reminder. I look forward to seeing you complete your challenge, and hopefully it will inspire me to do the same :)

7:50 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

Hehehe, Renee, too funny! Do you forget that I am the one that has toilet paper and bird feathers under her bed???? Hmmmm, maybe that would make for an interesting page! Besides just because my 'ugly stepmother' made me clean doesn't mean I did like she made me do lol.

But at the end of the day, I want my kids to know about me as well or the little things that were in their lives but not necessarily about them. It's just added more and feeling well rounded. Ok, I always feel well rounded but we aren't talking about weight here lol.

12:24 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

GREAT THOUGHT! Especially the one about the fish n chip place...that's a memory you definitely want to preserve!

6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter