Sunday, April 09, 2006

Meeting Hannah

Yesterday was the first time I got to meet Hannah. We have e-mailed and read each others blogs for about 6 months, I believe but haven't met. And what is even more strange about this whole situation is that she only lives like a 1/2 mile down towards the beach from us. Yep, she is only a hop, skip and jump from the beach we always go to, Big Manly. So meeting yesterday felt a bit strange since we haven't met in person before but we have seen photos but really it felt like it did when I met Hugh for the first time. Not that she looks like Hugh or anything or that we were meeting under the same circumstances but ya know, the e-mailing and talking but not meeting each other in person.

First impressions: she looks younger than I thought and looks WAY younger than me, quiet, soft spoken (then there aren't many that match my loud mouth, ok, maybe Melissa) and maybe a bit reserved. Ok, keep in mind first meeting, this could all change as we get to know each other! The conversation followed smoothly and there were a few instances where I said something and she didn't bat an eye in response which I thought was awesome! Like I said something to her about making Hugh get another job so he could pay for my trip to the States next year and she said 'yeah, well ya kinda have to since you aren't getting any hours at work!'. HEHEHE, classic! I loved it! Some others would have thought badly of me for saying that I was making my husband get another job. (*There was another one too, Hannah, and I thought it was soooooooooo comforting that you never made me feel bad or that I should have thought better to say what I had. It was great!*)

So it was a good first meeting. She finished a scrapbooking page and I got to fix one that has been bothering me for a while (still not sure I am completely happy with it!). And I obviously didn't scare her while she was here because she has invited us around for a play date at her place one Friday. OH, and I am sooooooo digging her tattoo too! LOVE IT! Thanks for a great afternoon, Hannah!

3 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

Christi, I am LOL-ing away here, reading this with a big grin on my face :-) It was SOOO nice to finally meet you, and like I said in my email, I had a great time. I felt really comfortable around you & your family!
So funny that you think I am quiet & reserved! I'm not really. I guess I come across that way at first, but once you get to know me you'll find I can be loud and opinionated!! Just ask Rob!
So you thought I looked really young, but I thought you looked really young! LOL :-) I guess we are both young. I mean 28 is not old, is it?!
I was planning to write about meeting you on my blog, I will still do that but maybe not tonight. I've written a novel on here already! Hehehe :-)

7:59 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

OHHHHHHH NOOOOO, someone who is opinionated! So you are going to make me cry sometimes? I'm pretty cruisy about most things and could care less one way or the other!

No, 28 is not old but most think I am in my mid-30s :O! I guess that's what happens when you marry a man in his 30s lol.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hope you guys don't think 32 going on 33 is old either ; )
What a neat thing you guys have going - AND living close by to each other, too. I'm envious...but at the same time happy for you!

10:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter