Sunday, April 23, 2006

Can't Take it Anymore!

I realize that every baby/child is different but COME ON! I can not take this insane crying that Lauryn does all the time! There is rarely a moments peace and when there is we all try to keep her happy just to maintain that. That in itself is enough to drive a person batty. Well I'm telling ya what, I'm there. I'm officially batty. Gone loopy. I can't take this any more. If she falls or Kamryn yells at her, that's it. She cries all morning. I'm serious. There isn't any break from it. And when I ignore her and she finally stops long enough for me to give her a hug, then she starts up again! What is the deal???? This is horrible. I remember I loved Kamryn at 18 months and it was a wonderful age with her. I can't stand Lauryn at this age. I've put her in her room twice because the constant crying has finally broken me and I don't have the patience or the mind power to deal with it any more. I had a migraine yesterday and there is a hint of one there again today and the crying is not helping. Honestly, what is this crying all about? I have no idea. Maybe more control needs to be put in place, the start of time outs, or maybe just adoption???? Really. What is going to have to happen for her to stop crying? I give up and my head is about to explode!

4 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

We went through the EXACT same thing with Tyler about a month ago!! He is much better now, so you must believe me when I say IT WON'T LAST FOREVER! I know it is hard, and I know exactly how you feel. I felt the same way and I still do sometimes. Like I wanted to run away and hide. Wishing I had never had kids. Or at least wishing I had never had a second kid (because nothing Ethan does now bothers me as much as the incessant crying of a toddler who can't express himself properly and can't control his emotions). And like you, I really loved this age/stage with Ethan. It rammed home the fact that each kid is different. Nothing I did with Ethan works with Tyler. They are like chalk and cheese.
Seriously, I understand how you are feeling. I really do. It is hard, and it sucks, and sometimes you need to have a good cry or vent. I'm here if you want to do either (just ring or email). This stage of our lives is not easy, but nobody ever tells you that when you get pregnant! But oneday our kids will be grown (or at least past this awful stage) and we'll forget this. We honestly won't remember these feelings of utter madness and insanity. I guess that's why people have more kids, huh!?
Hang in there, it WILL get better. I promise.

P.S. How's Kamryn's cough?

4:10 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

My youngest daughter just turned 2 and I have to say I think we are through the worst of the constant crying. The lack of verbal skills must be so frustrating for them. Now if I can just figure out what to do with my 7yr old daughter who cries over every little thing! Just when I thought I was done with the crying it comes back to haunt me, just at a different age. I am dreading the teens with 3 girls. Good Luck!

9:10 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Lucas is doing the same thing right now too...and being SOOOO clingy. He wants "Up, momma" all the time!!! I can't even make lunch. But he'll be 2 on Monday, so I don't think it's an age thing. Maybe teeth?

I'm so sympathetic...there's lots of times I've put myself on "mommy time-outs". Unfortunately, 18 months old (and 2 year olds) don't seem to get it :)

6:28 PM  
Blogger Kelly Slattery said...

Has it passed yet?? My niece was like that for a couple of months & I'm sure Taiga was an absolute PITA (pain in the a**) at that age...as a matter of fact she's still having tantrums...but they're the 4 year old kind..with words. Honestly some days I wonder if I knew then what I know now if I really would have children. I like being a mother, its just the children that bother me hahahaha

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter