Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Thick!!!

Ok, Lauryn is back to her old self! And I cringe at people's reactions to posting this or the fact as to why she is back to happy Lauryn. Just keep in mind, we as mother's shouldn't judge lol and we can't remember everything!

Here's the story:
Hugh was on the computer (in the same room as Lauryn's bed and very small so right next to each other) and Lauryn was carrying on like she has been for the past week. Finally Hugh had to stick his hand in her bed so she could play with it before nodding off in a sitting position. After she fell asleep he came and told me how he managed to get her to sleep. And I said 'awww, poor thing'. Then Hugh responds 'it's a shame she doesn't have something to comfort her'. I said 'I know'. I couldn't for the life of me think of anything she took interest in that would help. Then Hugh says 'she does have that star blanket'. OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was right! This is the blanket she had from day dot and always used it to go to sleep while sucking her thumb. I took it out of her bed when I went to a scrapbooking show so she would have it to fall asleep with. And I just left it in the car for a week!!!!!!!! I didn't really think she depended on it that much! Well guess what??????? Now she is back to her old self and hasn't cried once when put to bed since having the blanket back! *&%@!!! How bad do I feel that I couldn't even figure out what she could have potentially been missing! I feel really really bad. And can you imagine what she has been thinking for a week???? How can a mother forget such an important thing?

3 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

Oh Christi, you must be SO relieved to know what it was that was making Lauryn cry so much. You shouldn't feel bad, you weren't to know that she was so attached to it. But hey, you know now and you'll always have a way of calming her down ... which is great!!! I'm so happy that Lauryn is happy again (and therefore you are happy too)!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Well at least you found the source of the crying and are able to help comfort her :) We've done the same thing...except ours is a stuffed elephant named Ollie (or now with the youngest a stuffed bear name Cubby) but he's been left in the car too much to my son's chagrin. Glad to hear that things are as usual.

3:45 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Wow, that's magic! Who would have thought? I wonder if Daniel has formed an attachment to a comforter of some sort, seeing as he doesn't suck his thumb like Luke did? Hmmmm...
Hey, I'm sure no one will judge you - we're all learning this parenting thing ; )

8:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter