Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Crying Crying & MORE Crying!

Lauryn has turned into a crying monster!!! She has spoiled us by not being that baby that cries alot. Well for some reason the tide has changed. I'm blaming it all on teeth! And I'm not happy. I don't have much patience and what I do have quickly goes out the window when she is whining to be held or cries when she's put to bed. I've just had enough. I'm tired of crying kids. It seems to go in cycles too, so if Lauryn is having a 'crying' day then so is Kamryn. I just can't win. Lauryn is waking early, not eating much, crying after being up for about an hour (to which I reply, 'you shouldn't have woken up at 7AM!'), not napping long, etc etc etc. It's just constant. And the crying really grates on my nerves and the thing I want to do most is leave. And the other day I did cause I had an absolutely enough. And her crying doesn't stop. So she isn't like Kamryn where she would cry for max, 10 minutes and then nod off. Um, no, Lauryn just cries and cries and cries until she gets the attention or up or whatever it is she wants or thinks she needs. Like now as I type this, I know she needs a nap and is tired. She is crying. She'll stop for 2 minutes, then continue crying where I know she is going to continue for 10 damn minutes or LONGER!!!!!!!! At this stage, I really need a gun or a noose! Her crying is way more intense than Kamryn's ever was. Stress seems to be my first name these days and Hugh isn't picking up much of the slack either. So I'm stuck in days where I am yelling and screaming and about to pull my hair out! And all he can say is 'she can't help it'. NO SHIT! But that's not to say it isn't bothering me that I have to listen to it! All I want is for him to go away and take the kids with him for a nice couple of days and he can deal with it like I do. It doesn't help that I haven't had any me time in nearly 2 months; so no scrapbooking. I feel like it's constantly kids and cleaning, that's it! Surely a person can only take so much? This is why people snap and I'm really close to that happening!

3 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

Oh Christi, I'm so sorry that you are having such a rough time right now. It is not easy when you have to listen to crying all day long. You are completely justified in feeling fed up, angry and in need of a break!!!

Is there any way Hugh could take the girls for a whole day and give you a break?? I know he doesn't work every day, so perhaps you need to have a big "talk" to him and let him know how close you really are to losing the plot.

You know what they say, when mom is not happy, nobody else is happy. It really is so true. I've noticed that with my kids, when they are being extra grumpy and grizzly, it is usually because I am in a bad mood about something, and if I try to be more positive (hard I know) they usually calm down again. So it is Hugh's job to help keep you happy, Christi!!

I hope things improve for you soon. I bet the teething is a big cause of the problem - and hopefully that will pass quickly.

((((HUGS)))))

12:47 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hi Christi
you sound in desparate need to some time away from Hugh and the girls. On his next weekend off could he stay home with the girls while you stayed at a friends place for the weekend? If I was living in Auckland I'd say "come over!" Otherwise, if you need a place to escape to and don't mind flying, we have two spare beds.
Maybe Lauryn is picking up on your stressed and anxious state and that's what's making it even more intense? It's so true what Hannah has said. Mums are the core of the family, and if Mum isn't well, nothing goes well!
So I think a break should be on the cards for you. Besides, it will reinforce things and make Hugh value your role a little more
Hugs!!!

1:26 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Just wanted you to know that you are not the only one who has those exact same days :) It's difficult to deal with them and not lose your patience, and not feel like you are seriously going to go off the deep end. I've started instituting mommy time-outs...to help myself calm down (except it's sometimes not all that calming when they are banging and screaming on the closed bedroom door...however, at that time, screaming into my bed usually helps a little :) I'm sorry that you feel that way...I know it SOOO NOT fun.

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter