Monday, September 12, 2005

Dolphins Spotted!

Today has been a beautiful sunny spring day! Nice enough for all of us to venture down to the beach and enjoy the sun and sand! As I was sitting on the sand with a grouchy Lauryn, Hugh and Kamryn went to the car to get Kamryn's doll stroller. Well I heard something in the water and looked to the left and seen a group of fins going in and out of the water!!! I couldn't believe what I was seeing! At first my heart started racing quickly thinking it was a shark, logically, I knew otherwise but when I see a fin that is the first thing I think.

I yelled for Hugh twice but he didn't hear me. An older couple told him about it. So he ran to the blanket and grab the camera. The dolphins gradually made their way across the bay and out to the ocean. I'm telling ya all right now, they were soooooooo close I probably could have thrown a rock at them! I have never seen them so close to land before it was amazing!!! And I have never seen them down on our beach which made it all the more exciting. At first we weren't sure if they were dolphins or killers whales (as Hugh has seen a couple up north while fishing) but after a bit of research we now know they are dolphins. Truly amazing and a magnificent sight! Everyone up and down the beach were peering into the sun getting a glimpse but we were on the perfect end of the beach where they just swam right by. Awesome!

1 Comments:

Blogger Leighanne said...

Wow what a great pic - it would have been awsome to be there!

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter