Friday, December 01, 2006

Yum Fun

Lately in the Nelson household we have been enjoying beef enchiladas. YUMMY!!! My kids really love it which is odd since Kamryn doesn't generally like anything that is a tad bit spicy. Obviously I don't make it that spicy for them and just add chili sauce to mine after they are done. But look at this dish?!?!?!? Doesn't it just make your mouth water???? I reckon I have Mexican blood in me somewhere lol. We generally have this once a week with fried corn! YUM!

This morning we played a game of Blue's Clues. Kamryn asked the other day if she could play. I have a hard time getting my head around thinking of something we can do and then leaving clues for it. Then last night as I finished mom's Christmas gift, it dawned on me! So I printed off some pawprints and went around and stuck them on a pencil, an envelope, and a Santa ornament. As Kamryn found them this morning I drew them on my pad of paper (don't mind the drawings lol). Then once we found all three we sat in the thinking chair. Together we figured that Blue wanted her to write a letter to Santa!!! Obviously I had to help her figure it out lol. So we will be doing that today when Lauryn is sleeping. I found this thing on the post website for writing letters to Santa. If you write one online then you can get one sent to you in the mail! Just remember to leave your e-mail address out. So I'll put in Kamryn's info so she can get a letter from Santa. I think this will be the first year she will get one from him. Go here to check it out ---------> LETTER FROM SANTA

9 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

We love enchiladas in our house, too! I usually make chicken ones but beef is great too.

How fun that you played Blue's Clues with Kamryn! My boys would love to do that, Tyler is really into Blue's Clues right now. I might have to do that for them one day.

Yep, the NZ Post Santa thing is pretty cool. We started 2 years ago getting Ethan to write to Santa, and he loved getting his letter back in the post. So we will be doing it again this year too.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

We do that game too, only not with pawprints. Brendon does it before bedtime with Madelynn and Aidan. He has a pile of pictures of things to find around the house like a treasure hunt and at the final location they find a treat. They scream thoughout the house as they love it. It's great fun to watch.

Don't know if you know of this Santa call or not but it's really cute. http://www.santacall.co.nz
My niece did it last year and was so excited.

12:06 PM  
Blogger kiwicpk said...

Thats so neat....ive just done one for Alexander :-)

Tell you what im so excited about Christmas again this year, must bring out the kid in me.

We have to put our christmas tree up inside the playpen or little Mr fiddle fingers will have it down in seconds im sure.

1:30 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

Kim - I just read somewhere that someone else was doing the same thing with their tree. We didn't have any issues with the girls but this year could prove interesting with Lauryn. I know Kamryn's second Christmas (she was 17 months) my in-laws were impressed that she didn't touch it and left it alone. It's because I'm mean lol. Figured they had to learn to stay away lol.

1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cool game Christi. Sounded like a blast and what a great idea to write to Santa, love christmas and how we can create memories for future years. Those enchilladas loko good. Care to share the recipe?

7:31 PM  
Blogger Meg McKenzie said...

What a great idea Christi - Paige is just getting into Blue Clues!! Have just been to NZ post site and requested Santa drop a line to the girls.....

10:36 PM  
Blogger Ilka said...

YUMMY!!!
The game look real fun.
Hmm I wonder if I should get a santa letter sent to my sweety on monday to work. His email box is usually overflowing and that might cheer him up 0.o Thanks for the link :)

4:10 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Christi,

Do you know what that picture of the enchiladas is doing to me? For days now I'm dreaming of them! I just want to taste them and it's all I want to eat. Not fair to do that to a pregnant woman! LOL Now, I have to go and make enchiladas....

1:29 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

OMG What a great idea for the Blue's Clues game!

Although my boys don't know what Blue's Clues is. How sad is that? :)

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter