Sunday, November 12, 2006

Lauryn's TWO!!!



So it's been here and gone. Our little wicked princess is now two! What a day! She woke up on the wrong side of the bed so it wasn't a lovely start to the day. After 3 bowls of cereal, I got her dressed in her gorgeous pink dress. Hugh said the headband had to go cause she looked like John McEnroe lol. We opened her gifts next. She quite enjoyed this part of it. She was saying 'more presents' every time she got another one. And Kamryn would try to help and she would scream 'I do it!' or 'no'. She got a cow, 2 summer outfits, My Little Pony shoes, a zoo magnetic set, Disney Princess blocks, a board book, a Wiggles DVD, a musical jumping matt (which is sooooooo cool and educational!), a Care Bear, a mommy and baby pony set and a wee little stuffed sheep from Kamryn. Then after presents it was cake time! I made a cow cake which is my first ever shaped cake! I turned a pig from Hannah's cake book into a cow. LOL, I think it turned out rather nice. Hannah had the idea of putting 'grass' (green coconut) around it which turned out really cool and tasted yummy with the cake! Lauryn didn't have any problems blowing out the candles and of course I could only find fluorescent yellow candles lol. She blew each one out individually. She did a wonderful job! She enjoyed 2 small pieces of cake and plenty of M&Ms. And then we went outside for photos. And as a scrapbooker, I pride myself on getting the best shot. Well it's near impossible with Lauryn. She rarely looks at the camera and when she does it's a cheesy grin all the time! And making sure there was plenty of video (does anyone do this any more???) and pics, I think we covered most of it. So in less than 2 hours her birthday was over :( I'll do some reflecting later and write down a few bits about the last year. But for now we will struggle on with the emerging two year old!

13 Comments:

Blogger tanyaleigh said...

Sounds like you had a good day Christi. Lauryn looks just beautiful in her party dress. I can see some cool layout's being done with these photo's

1:17 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Hiya Christi - saw your blog link on Embellished and though i'd drop by to say hi.
Happy birthday to your little one, know what you mean about it being hard to get some good shots at times like these but you did an awesome job and got some beauty's - she looks adorable.Love the one of her smelling the flower.
take care.......

1:55 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Happy Birthday, Lauryn!! Unfortunately on dial-up I can't see the slideshow but I will be able to at work tomorrow - can't wait to see how the cake turned out!!

Can you believe our babies are 2? I can't!!

3:51 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Wow, you've done a great job on the birthday cake, I think cakes just make a birthday! Little Lauryn looks so grown up in her beautiful dress.

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow love that dress!!! Gorgeous....Christi there are some amazing photos in there! Wow you are going to have so much fun scrapping them. Love that cake.

7:48 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Wow, the cake turned out awesome!! Are you glad I "pushed" you into doing it? lol
I knew you would do a great job!

Love the photos - especially the ones outside. You got some great shots!!

P.S. that black food colouring is pretty potent, huh??

7:31 AM  
Blogger kiwicpk said...

Happy Birthday Lauryn :-)

Wow two....my how time goes so quick.

Love the cake...well done

8:46 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Gorgeous photos, Christi! I especially love the one of Lauryn smelling the red flower, and the one of her showing the cow to the camera. I'm so sorry I didn't do anything for her birthday in time. I realised on Saturday night that it was her birthday, and by then it was too late : (
I look forward to seeing what you do, scrapbooking her birthday photos : )

9:29 AM  
Blogger mac said...

Christi, she's gotten so big! I can't believe your "baby" is two. The cake is fabulous, as are the pics. And I love the dress and bow!

12:59 PM  
Blogger Creative Options said...

Sounds like a great day was had by all, wishing Lauryn a belated happy birthday and she looked very cute in her party dress.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

She looked like she totally enjoyed her day! Gorgeous with the dress too, but I'm with Hugh the headband was a too much, too away from her beauty! :-) Happy Belated Bday Lauryn

7:18 PM  
Blogger Ilka said...

Gorgeous photos Christi! Sounds like you all had a good day. Your girls are just adorable!

11:10 PM  
Blogger jacqui jones said...

i just love the cake
looks like she had a great birthday

11:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter