Monday, November 06, 2006

What a Weekend!!!






My weekend seemed to be pretty short. It didn't feel like there was much going on but Monday always seems to come to quickly! Friday night I had to work and after everyone had left, I stood outside with Ann until midnight shooting the shit and bitching about nearly everything ;) It's always good to catch up like this since I have to maintain a certain amount of restraint while I'm working. (Hush your mouths, Ann and Hannah!)

Saturday was a complete mission! We had pictures at PixiFoto at 11AM. Well of course I am the one that gets everyone ready. My hair wasn't playing along so I put it up and I don't generally like it up for photos. My fat face stands out too much lol. They were running behind. So we got there a couple of minutes after 11 and didn't get in until nearly 11:30. Which is fine but Lauryn just doesn't cooperate at all. She doesn't know how to smile for a camera lol. So after 12 poses, we had a look around the Warehouse, as you do when you are there! Back home at 1:30. Lauryn down for her nap and Hugh and I decide to crash as well. Kamryn drew pics and played with Little People in our room while we slept. I was beat!

Up at 3PM to get ready for the big Guy Fawkes display at Snells Beach. Meet Hannah at their place just after 4. We get to Snells Beach which I am guessing is about 30-40 minutes north of here. I get out of the car and feel a bit cold. I'm wearing a sleeveless shirt and didn't even think to bring a sweater or the girls extra clothing. Great! There wasn't much for our kids to play on there. There was a large bouncy slide but Kamryn was too scared to go on. I found some smaller yard toys that they played on but that was it. I wasn't impressed with the lack of things there was for our kids. So we had dinner on the hill which was kinda cool. I felt like we were at Woodstock or Lilith Fair lol. While I was sitting there, I was getting a bit cold. So I managed to convince Hugh that we needed to walk to the Warehouse for some much needed clothing and/or blankets. We found 3 blankets, 4 pairs of socks, 2 pairs of fleece pants for the girls and 4 lollipops for the kiddos all for under $15 lol! I was quite impressed with myself! And I bought my first pair of toe socks. First pair I ever wore too! And the fireworks didn't start until 9:30 which I wasn't entirely happy about. Kamryn can stay away until about 9 but never much more past that and Lauryn is generally asleep between 7-7:30 so this was a push. But the fireworks were cool! Kamryn said to me 'mommy, this is like a dream come true' which I thought was soooooo sweet! And Lauryn loved them too! Usually she screams with loud noises but this was all fine. On the way back to the car Kamryn dropped Bonita (this is a much loved cat that she takes everywhere) so Hugh went back to find her. He wasn't able to find her and so she broke down. I felt really bad cause I couldn't do anything for her. I told her I was sorry and she said 'it's ok, mommy, it's not your fault, I dropped her'. It wasn't long after that that Kamryn fell asleep. We got home about 11:15.

Sunday Lauryn woke before 7AM and woke up Kamryn. What a hell day we had! Both girls were tired but neither wanted to sleep. Lauryn just wanted to cry and scream and complain. Only had a two hour nap but needed a longer one. Hugh and I spent about 2 hours trying to find another Bonita. Finally find one in Christchurch and ordered two just in case lol. Kamryn asked Hugh if he would open the door for when Bonita comes home. Hugh told her that she would have to use the cat door like the other cats but he felt certain she would be home but it might take her a while. She really thinks she will be coming home. I heard her telling one of her toys today that she wasn't lost and she would be home but it might take her a while lol.

It was a good weekend full with lots to do. The kids were super good on Saturday. Better than I could have hoped really considering I had to wake Lauryn to meet up with Hannah's family. But Kamryn and Ethan played so well together. It was nice. It was good watching them running around together and having fun. Lauryn got into it a little bit but for the most part she was cuddling and sitting with us. And believe me, Bonita will be returning this week. I'll have to roll her in some dirt and bang her up against the wall a bit so she kinda looks like the old one and Kamryn doesn't suspect anything lol.

7 Comments:

Blogger Ilka said...

Oh the photos are gorgeous!
Wow ,wow and wow about saturday, didnt you all do well! Great finds at the red shed and smart thinking Christi! Sounded full on but fun! Sunday congrats on locating another cat - what loving parents you are:) So cute her telling the other toys about Bonita coming home later..

5:18 PM  
Blogger Meg McKenzie said...

What a resourceful Mum you are Christi, can just imagine your wee poppets face when she realised Bonita was missing! Sounds like you had a tiring but fun weekend!

11:27 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

We had lots of fun with you guys on Saturday. And thanks for the toe socks!!! (Christi got a pair for me too, Hugh said I was worth at least 77 cents, LOL)

I'm sure Kamryn will be really thrilled when Bonita finally makes it home. Perhaps you could tell her that she stopped at a pet cleaning store on the way home and had a nice bath!!

7:23 AM  
Blogger Creative Options said...

Great to hear you guys had a fab night on saturday, after our 'discussion' session on friday and a 2am finish on saturday I was shattered sunday.
See you when I get back from Wellington.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Sounds like you had loads of fun, love the pics of the girls.

8:49 AM  
Blogger Christi said...

Hmmmmmmm, good idea, Hannah. She isn't here yet and Kamryn has mentioned her again today already. I also just picked up Lauryn another 'cow' on TradeMe just in case we ever need another one lol. I haven't been able to find one since her addiction started at 6 months lol.

9:53 AM  
Blogger jacqui jones said...

love the pics
sounds like a big weekend to me
i hope the cat comes home soon

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter