Monday, October 30, 2006

It's All Over

Meg's DT was announced last night. I had an epiphany yesterday that I wasn't making the team. I kinda figured that once it had been announced that I made Lisa's DT that I would be out of the running for Meg's. Fair enough. I guess there is always next year. Congrats to the girls who have made it! Two of the ladies haven't been active long and I don't even think I've seen Jo on the board. So this could all be interesting. It would have been nice to see my buddy Ann make it or Ilka. Heads up, girls!!! There will be more to try for. I was rooting for you both ;)

My stint on Embellished Idol has come to an end. Pretty pathetic really. The only vote I got this round was my own lol. But I thought my layout was pretty good. That's what happens when you journal too much, I reckon. People immediately look away and they just want to see the cute photo and something light and 'over the top'. I am the only one that took the dream ('in your dreams') literally and nearly everyone else went along the lines of 'never in my dreams did I'. And then it was something mushy. I'm not generally a mushy person so that wasn't going to be the route I took. I have to say I was pretty shocked by the final numbers of the round though. Makes ya wonder. Oh well, another thing to mark off my list of 'no longer a worry'.

So in many ways all this news has been a relief and I'm not stressing over an announcement or the next challenge. I can focus on more of my work and the Scrapbooking by Design DT. Now I'm anxiously awaiting Lisa's kit for the month!!! Can't wait to get started!

9 Comments:

Blogger jacqui jones said...

im out too...and as u say one less thing to worry about...i only got one vote as well my own...i thought that all our entries were worth more votes than that..: ) not as many votes this time around...dont say u over journalled..journalling is really important and the poeple that care about u will love to read it

12:06 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

Awwww, thanks, Jacqui. I totally think our stuff was worth more than the wee votes we gave each other lol. Obviously others don't think so :(

1:36 PM  
Blogger tanyaleigh said...

Christi, I think your work is awesome and I'm sure others think so to. It's a shame that you only got 1 vote and it was your own. I haven't heard of Embellished Idol so didn't know where to look and if I did I would have voted for you for sure. Look forward to seeing your work on Lisa's DT.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

I agree with Jacqui's comments about journalling. You shouldn't think you did too much - it is SO important! Somebody really brilliant taught me that ... hmm I wonder who that was? LOL! You inspired me to start journalling more so don't go back on your philosphy now! Your girls are going to WANT to read the stories behind the pages when they are older. It will mean so much more to them than a photo with a mushy title. You ROCK!!

And I think I'm almost as excited as you are for Lisa's first kit to arrive on your doorstep! ;-)

2:33 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I'm with Hannah on this one - journalling is so important, and will make your scrapbooking more special in years to come, especially that you can muse over what you wrote to accompany the images etc. You'll have to excuse me when I write about scrapbooking, is it's a whole new lingo, with jargon and I feel out of my depth and totally unqualified to comment! : ) But I do try, cos what you do is awesome : )

4:35 PM  
Blogger jacqui jones said...

i think it was too.. ;)
lets just say some peoples tastes are umm..in their !!! heheh

5:38 PM  
Blogger Mrs Frizz said...

Christi,
Congratulations on making Lisa's DT ... lucky you receiving all the new yummy scrapping goodies to play with - have fun.
Didn't know anything about Embellished Idol either - you have to let us know these things and we could have upped the voting.

8:27 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

LOL, Michelle, I did post on my blog about Embellished Idol. Just goes to show you that you aren't reading my blog often enough LOL. But there was a new rule anyway, that you had to have 20 posts to vote lol.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Monique said...

Hi Christi,
I have finally checked out who is on the SBbydesign DT and was so happy to see your name...well done you!!!

Looking forward to seeing the site up and running!

Monique

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter