Thursday, October 19, 2006

Wicked Dreams

This morning (early morning) I was dreaming that I was in labor. Now, folks, I'm not even trying to get pregnant so I'm not sure where this dream came from. But everything was happening and it felt real. I could feel the contractions and the pressure from baby's head. I was at the hospital. And walking into the hospital was the first time I got to meet my midwife. And she was Asian and pregnant. Not as pregnant as me but noticably pregnant. I can remember her giving me an internal exam and pushing her fingers further inside to feel the baby's head. I could feel how painful it was and her saying 'nope, baby is still high'. I then asked her for an ultrasound to see if the baby was breech since Lauryn was. She did the ultrasound and the baby was fine. We did not know the sex of it but during one contraction I can remember her saying 'come on, let's get this boy out'. And I lost it. I just cried and cried and cried saying 'I don't want a boy'. It was shortly after that, that the dream stopped. I don't remember giving birth to the baby. It all felt extremely real though and I could feel the pain in my stomach as I was having this dream. It just makes me think about another baby and if I want to go through the pain again. I was strong with my two girls but I think the older I am getting the weaker and wimpier I'm getting lol. So who knows what this all means???? Jamie might ;)

9 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

Weird!!! Do you think it is your subconscience telling you that you don't want a boy?? But boys are fun! I wouldn't worry too much about what it means. I dream strange things all the time and if they all meant something then I would be pretty screwed up, LOL!!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

What did you eat before you went to bed last night? LOL Little boys are great! I was like you and I never wanted one but now that Aidan is here I wouldn't give him away for anything. He's just so fun!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Creative Options said...

OK missy....no more margaritas before bed for you ok?

The mind is a strange thing, who knows why we dream the things we do?

And I agree with Hannah & Michelle, little boys are great.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

Ok, guys, don't gang up on me for my dream lol. I think I have a *fear* of what having a boy would do but I'm not against it. I definitely wanted two girls, so a boy as a third would be cool. I can't believe this is what you are focusing on lol. Don't you think the Asian midwife was weird enough and the fact that I hadn't met her before going into labor lol??? Maybe it's just my subconscience saying I shouldn't have any more kids lol ;)

2:07 PM  
Blogger kiwicpk said...

Ill comment on the Asian midwife then...lol.....ive never come across an Asian midwife, has anyone else?
I just rang my mum, as she worked in maternity for years and she cant remember working with an Asian either. Asian doctors yes, but not a midwife. Hummmmm!!!!! intresting

2:28 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

Hahaha, thank you, Kim ;)

2:31 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Did you have Asian food before you went to bed? maybe that's why you had the midwife. LOL

2:48 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

TEST TEST TEST!!

I had a crazy dream about having another baby and well...

5:25 PM  
Blogger Ilka said...

*grins* it's either working out your family arrangement *winks* or you take the whole thing to another level and not so literal. Then giving birth might simply mean a new beginning or stage of something, a new direction... The pain would represent the letting go of something old maybe... Also anything new, even the best of change is somehow hard work for us habitual creatures. Confused yet? 0.o

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter