Thursday, September 28, 2006

Potty Mouth

So Lauryn has this thing for the word 'damnit' lol. Yes, I know where it comes from but she says it often. We just ignore her usually but lately it's getting a bit out of control lol. Like when I give her a kiss at night when she is all tucked up in bed, the words out of her mouth are 'move, damnit' lol. And then today while using chalk on the drive she said 'shit'. I can barely remember Kamryn saying bad words but it wasn't for long and never as often. So I'm not sure what to do in this instance. Ignoring her doesn't seem to be working, damnit ;)

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww...that's so cute!
lol! (just joking!)

It's just a faze, she will grow out of it, you could try substituting the naughty word for something similar but acceptable?

Or a stern "I beg your pardon young lady" might do the trick?

Good luck with this one.

7:35 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

It is cute, really. I just wish it wasn't so frequent lol. Cause she says it like 'daam-it' with the emphasis on the IT. LOL, very funny and sometimes I laugh when she says it only by mistake cause it is funny. Guess I should watch the damnits lol.

7:43 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

That's funny! My first word was "shit" and my grandma was hoping like heck that it was "sit" Better curb Lauryn now, look how I turned out I graduated to the "f" word. ROFLOL

8:35 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

I had to laugh when I read this!! Sorry!! I can just imagine her saying it and it would be pretty cute ;-)

I don't really have any experience in this area. Rob and I don't swear or curse so our kids don't ever hear those words. I think once Ethan came home and said the "F" word but he didn't know the context of it and he's never said it since. I asked him where he heard it and he said from a boy at preschool.

I think Ann's idea is good, perhaps let her know another word instead that she can use and do a no-nonsense telling off if she says the bad one. And yeah, maybe you'll have to stop saying it too!

Good luck!

9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter