Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Second Weigh In

Well the day has come! And my appointment was at 11 which I got in shortly there after and I didn't get out until noon! Ok, so I had to have that 6-monthly pap and a breast exam as well. So my weigh in went well. I lost another.............*are you ready for this*.................2.7kg (nearly 6lbs)! So I'm pretty happy! I've been walking on the beach for about 30 minutes for the last week and when I do my exercycle I've increased it by 5 more minutes. I'm even *tempted* to start running on the beach. TEMPTED though. I haven't convinced myself yet that no one will be watching or gawking at beached whale running up and down the beach lol. So two weeks for the next weigh in. I'm pretty happy with this week since I wasn't as good as I should be. Can't wait for the next appointment.

And now the pap. Since I had bad cells 6 months ago they recommend you go every 6 months until things are normal again. So today was the day. And apparently it's hard to find my cervix lol. I know I have one cause I had two kids lol. After many positions and different sized speculums, the exam was finally acheived while I was laying on my side. That's a new one for me! And she even used a condom! That was nice, right???? Sorry if this is all too much information! So next was the breast exam. I requested one simply because I have this pain in my left breast that is horrible. It's not constant nor is it consistent with my period or ovulation. So after a good feel, she could tell there was a thicker area on that side where I said it was hurting. Now I am being referred to have an ultrasound done for it. Which I'm fine with. Just to put my mind at ease over it but it does mean a 2 month wait since we will be using the public system. She did tell me a couple other things that I did not know. One was that women under the age of 40 have more dense breasts so there for it's near impossible to see anything with a mamogram. And second in women who get breast cancer under the age of 40, it tends to be more aggressive. All of which I wasn't aware. So it will be a while before I know something.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo hoo....You clever girl!
That's a good loss for 2 weeks.

And sometimes it sucks to be a woman, especially when it comes to "Those" exams.

At least your doctor is on to it though.

2:06 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Excellent news on losing the 2.7 kgs! That's fantastic! Like you I was tempted to go running, but didn't quite get there in the end. Still, we have an exercycle and that's something that I could use (though it's more of an ornament these days and doesn't get used much!)
Good luck with the pap smear results. It's kinda weird lying on your side for it (my doc gets me to do that, too), but it's all in a good cause and it's best to catch things early and you're very smart to do that : )

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

go you on the weight loss. Thats fab news!!! Keep it up Christi. I am so proud of you. I hear you on the paper smears, our cervixs are alike. I find lying on my side easier. Gosh now that sounds like too much info.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

AWESOME job, Christi!! That is fantastic, I'm so proud of you!! And you thought you weren't going to lose much after that first week. I'm so glad you were wrong (and I *knew* you would be, LOL).

I'm glad your doctor is getting the tests done, like you say for your peace of mind. I'm sure it is all fine but better to be safe, huh?

4:12 PM  
Blogger tanyaleigh said...

Way to go Christi on the weight loss. It is hard to lose weight. I have struggled with my weight all my life and know how hard it is to lose it. Keep up the good work Christi...
Best of luck with your test results. Thinking of you.

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter