Monday, September 18, 2006

Look at This.......

I was reading my baby blog today and read a post about Cindy Crawford's daughter posing in swimsuits. So I had a look. It wasn't until after I looked that I realized the post said 'Please note that the photos have made many readers uncomfortable, so please proceed with caution.' And they are right!!! I wasn't so shocked over the first one but the second and third are just wrong! And finally the fourth was fine too. But my mouth just dropped with the string bikini and the topless shot. Her daughter is only 5 and the topless one is definitely implying adult behavior in a sexual way! How sad! Now I know, to each their own but seriously! Are these swimsuits just too adorable to NOT let her daughter pose with them on??? Come on! Our girls don't wear bikinis and I surely haven't seen a string bikini for girls Kamryn's age before. Now, our girls do wear 2-piece bathing suits which is completely different to a bikini. To me a bikini's top is reflective of someone having breasts. When I see the triangle cuts on the tops, I just wonder why it's even like that. They don't have any breasts to put in them. We don't have anything that ties around here. They go completely around or clasp at the back or the neck. But I will keep my daughters out of these type of bikinis for a long time or as long as possible.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting. Personally I think some children grow up to fast these days and the whole beauty pagent thing at a young age makes me feel queasy! But thats a whole nother post that one.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

I completely agree with children growing up too fast these days. This is one of my rants on a daily basis especially when I see what parents and schools expect from our children. Sometimes you just want to withdraw them from the world but obviously can't cause they will have to survive in it one day. I just wonder where the line is any more, or isn't there one??? Maybe I have just become an 'old-fashioned' parent.

5:34 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

My jaw dropped, too, even with the fourth picture. The first one, in my eyes, was the only 'okay' one out of the lot. It all makes me think of Jon Benet Ramsey, and who in their right mind would think it's okay to take such suggestive photos of a young girl wearing a bikini?! I just think of all the sickos out there who might look at them, sadly...

9:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Snap Rachel, when is aw those string bikinis thats what I thought. Christi I dont think you are an old fashioned mother. I just think that we know what we are comfortable with.

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter