Saturday, September 16, 2006

Cancer

Dale has breast cancer. I'm quite devestated by this news and have been upset about it even though I am trying not to be. She's been hanging out for 2 weeks waiting to hear the results and she was told this week. They are hopeful that they have caught it in time and that they will remove the lump in 4 weeks time. I really didn't think it would be cancer but when she told me tonight I had to ask again cause I wasn't sure I heard right. Then I just started crying. She says she is doing ok and feeling fine but she isn't sure how she will handle radiation. On the way home I tried not to think about it. But when I walked through the door, Hugh was up and I just let loose. I don't think I've ever had anyone this close to me heart-wise and friend-wise be diagnosed with cancer. So for now we are hanging out and I'm hoping I can take her mind off of things for at least the next 4 weeks.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christi sorry to hear abour Dale and her news. It's great that you can be there for her and help her through this time. Thinking of you both. Hugs to you both.

11:56 AM  
Blogger Meg McKenzie said...

Christi so very sorry to hear your friends news, cancer is a terrible thing! Here's hoping she is surrounded by caring people like yourself to help her through this.

1:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christi I am so sorry to hear your very sad news.

Stay positive.I am sending you lots of Hugs.

XXXX

9:25 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

OMG Christi, I can't believe this!! You should have phoned me! I really wanted to go to crop on Friday night too and I wish I had been there now. I'm in total shock right now, I feel so numb. Poor Dale.

Man I HATE cancer.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter