Saturday, September 02, 2006

7 Pieces of Patter Paper - OH MY!


Well the NZ Dare Blog is at it again! This time the challenge is to use 7 pieces of pattern paper on one layout. When I read that, I thought "oh that shouldn't be too difficult". But I was wrong. Way wrong! I couldn't get my head around how to even get started. I knew the pictures I wanted to use so I hunted for the papers. I initially took a piece of white card and started to cover it with blocks of patterned paper lol. What a dork! I just couldn't figure out how to do this. So I finally decided on strips. I decided to show the white card (something I don't think I've ever done) and also thought I would dig out my deco scissors. Also I grabbed my Making Memories ledger paper and had Kamryn write her name. (She's getting very good at this and fast!) And this is the end result. One I am quite happy with and even happier that it these pictures were HUGELY important to me and I'm glad they are scrapped!

7 Comments:

Blogger Janine said...

Love that layout Christi. How cool to get Kamryn to write her name. I started on this last week and then out it in plastic bag to look at again! Better get a into G hadn't I. I love how you used the strips of pattern paper. It looks good with a white background....

9:01 PM  
Blogger lianne said...

That is so cool Christi. Love how you've used the patterned paper. Cute as photos too.

3:46 PM  
Blogger Monique said...

Go you Christi! Love that fresh look on the white, its my favourite thing to do at the moment lol!!

9:44 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE it, Christi! I really like the white background, are you hooked now?? I think it looks great, you'll have to do some more layouts with white on them :-)

I need to scrap Ethan's Kindy photos too and I think I'll get him to write his name too, since that is where they are learning how to do it so well!

8:51 AM  
Blogger Kelly Slattery said...

Looks great Christi! Love the idea of Kamryn writing her name...will have to get Taiga to do that for a LO :o)

2:32 PM  
Blogger Meg McKenzie said...

Amazing layout Christi, love the papers and Li'l Davis letters!
Nice idea to record Kamryns handwriting, must remember to get Miss Millie to do this

3:43 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

OMG it's sooo cute!

I love the kindy pics too! What a big girl!

9:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter