Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Living at the Doctor's

Wow, I feel like Hannah did just before she left for Canada!!!

Tuesday - Kamryn missed kindy because she had a cough and had thrown up that morning. Figured it wasn't anything major.
Wednesday - Took her in to the doctor because she was snotty, coughing and had stuff coming out of her eyes. He said it was viral but if her condition worsened to bring her back. The stuff coming out of her eyes was just the cold because it wasn't coming out her nosy real easily and it didn't have anywhere else to go. And kids this age don't spit it out, YUCK!
Friday - I had an appointment with him. I switched doctors and had a few things to talk to him about plus needed my thyroxine refilled.
Saturday - Kamryn's eyes seemed to be getting worse so off to the doctors again. Now she has an ear infection. And antibiotics are prescribed! Yippee! She is totally different the next day.
Sunday - Lauryn wakes up around midnight crying. Go in to calm her. Seems ok. Wakes a few minutes later and throws up everywhere!!! After a bath and another bottle, she's down.
Monday - Kamryn is fine for kindy but Lauryn has the thickest and greenest snot I've ever seen coming out her nose. Off to the doctor again. I figure it is another ear infection hence the snot, the vomiting the night before, and she's been waking at night for the last 5 nights. Doctor confirms. No playing around this time. She prescribes the same antibiotic that cured her last one.
Tuesday - Lauryn still has thick green snot coming out but she slept through the night. Let's hope it doesn't take too long to go away.

So yes, I am over sick kids! More than over it. To top everything off I've got a bit of a sore throat, waking each morning hacking away! So I've not felt the best either. And I have been feeling like we live at the doctor's office. It's just a good thing that the girls visits are free and so are the prescriptions.

7 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Hi!

I see you're going though the same thing as we are. Madelynn was at the Dr on Sunday. She has her 1st ear infection in both ears and the snot coming out of her eyes too. Made me want to throw up it's so gross!

So that's why I've been so quiet lately and now I know why you have been too!

Hope all is getting better.

Michelle

12:35 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Oh Christi, I feel your pain. I really do. You know we've been through all that recently, and Tyler has actually been sick the past few days as well (I think he is better now though). I know how much it SUCKS and how it feels to live at the doctors! But I heard you met my mum finally :-)

I hope Kamryn stays well and that Lauryn recovers quickly. You get better fast, too. It is so much harder to have sick kids when you are not feeling well yourself.

PS. I've had a sore throat every morning since I got here. It just never ends, does it?

2:35 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Man, what is going on?

Both my boys have had diarrhea and vomiting for the last week. Yucko!

Hope the girls are doing okay now!

4:35 PM  
Blogger Kelly Slattery said...

Hi Christi...my hubby works in auto parts - so if you need parts again let me know.

Circle letters on my LO are Scrap FX..got them off ebay australia $10AU for a set or $1.50 each I think..some awesome stuff on there - just search for "scrap FX"

8:27 PM  
Blogger Meg McKenzie said...

Hi Christi - sick kids can be hard work I know, at least you know they will eventually get better, ear infections are just cruel on wee dots!
Hope your having a better day!

Meg

3:11 PM  
Blogger dallas said...

ugh, I feel your pain - we've just had the little one down with puking too...no fun! Hope your girls are well on the way to wellness (I adore their names by the way, I'm set on naming my next daughter Camryn!, loved it forever)

9:21 PM  
Blogger Janine said...

Hope ya week is getting better. Nothing worse than coping with sick children and then getting sick yourself. Wow never rain when it pours!!!!

9:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter