Saturday, July 22, 2006

Freezing!!!!`

OMG!!! I am sooooooooo cold! I feel like I live in Antarctica! Ok, close enough but still not there. My nipples have been erect since last night!!!!!! (sorry, if too much information but trying to get across just how cold I am lol) Last night at crop the girlies said it was suppose to be 4C. Lovely, for all you fahrenheit folks that's 39F. Now I know back home they are used to plenty colder temps but ya all need to keep in mind, we don't have central heating. I was soooooooo cold last night that I went to bed at 11:30!!! Can you believe that???? I was too cold to stay up and do anything. So I went to bed with my electric blanket on high. Then Hugh had the nerve to stick his cold feet on me!!!! It's ok if I do it but he should know better ;) So now I will hold my hot muffin in my hand so my fingers don't freeze off!

6 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

OK Christi, I was trying to tell you a couple of weeks ago that it was cold this winter, and you weren't having a bar of it!! You won't believe me but we've had SEVERAL 4 degree nights over the past couple of months :-)
But yes, it was FREEZING last night. I'm glad we have a fireplace, it would be pretty cold without it since our house is not insulated!

PS. Rob won't allow the use of electric blankets in this house. Apparently he never had one while growing up in Hamilton so there is NO need for one in Auckland!! This is despite the fact that I grew up with one and it was a nasty shock to spend my first winter without one after we got married!!! I'm used to it now though. He just NEVER gets cold, and neither do the boys.

4:01 PM  
Blogger Monique said...

Hi Christi, I've found your blog!! so you've got the stiffus Nippulus disease down there in Nelson too lol! and I thought it was cold way up here in Huntly! We survive with our good old hottie (hot water bottle) and I'm usually the cold feet culprit getting told off by DH lol!!

Monique.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

LOL This morning I woke up and could see my breath in our bedroom. I went out last night and bought 3 brand new hot water bottles knowing how cold it was going to be last night too!

You think it's cold now, just wait until you move to the Waikato. :-)

7:36 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hey, you guys should come to Wellington! It's been brilliant weather here since Saturday (though admittedly the weather has been crap, with non-stop rain before then!)

2:43 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

No central heating? And 39 degrees? That's INSANE! No wonder you are so cold!

5:31 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

We have the opposite problem here in Canada. It is blazing hot at 38C and everyone is complaining at how grumpy the heat is making them. Thank goodness for central air. I don't know what is worse, too cold or too hot.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter