Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Issues

Last night I was feeling a bit off. Swimmy and light headed. I couldn't figure out what was up. I woke up this morning feeling slightly the same and with a headache. I called to tell Hugh at work that he probably shouldn't go to gun club tonight because I feel like crap. And he basically told me I need to move on cause it's the one thing he has. Nice! He also said that he goes to work sick. 1. If he misses work for being sick they want a doctor's excuse which is $45. 2. I'm not asking him to miss work just to come home and help out. So I don't think he is coming home. My issue is that when he is sick he mopes around, lays around, has napS and complains about it the entire time. When I am sick I am not suppose to get a break not even from the kids. I suppose my job is watching the girls. Fine then he needs to be here then when 'my job' is supposedly over. How is it fair I am constantly left to deal with them on my own while he is at work. My ONE night away a week is AT WORK! OH and when I am at work he watches the girls for a total of maybe 2 hours and then they are in bed. I am with the girls 24/7 there isn't a break for me besides my one night of work a week. I asked to have Sunday to myself and basically got the third degree. I'm sorry but him going in to work isn't nothing compared to whining, crying, demanding, fighting, feeding, cleaning on a constant non-stop level through the day. I don't think it's too much to ask for him to miss a night of gun club. But obviously he thinks it is. I swear, maybe I should move back to the States............ALONE!

7 Comments:

Blogger kiwicpk said...

Im with you on this one Christi, its Dave's pub night tonight.......if he's not home by 6.30pm im calling to find out where he is. I've been on the go with Alexander since 5am this morning. Ive still gota get the tea ready yet.
Hope you feel better soon, nothing worse than feeling crap and running round after kids is there.

4:35 PM  
Blogger Marieke said...

I feel your pain! Big sympathetic hugs from me girl, I know exactly what that's like.
You know what really gets to me about the depression stage? It's not even the sleeping, it's the freaking all-absorbing selfishness that does my head in!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

That sucks, Christi. You're totally right to expect him to help and give you a break. Especially when you are sick!!! You KNOW how strongly I feel about this, LOL!
I hope you're feeling better really soon.
(((HUGS)))

8:46 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

You want me to send Brendon to kick his ass? LOL

I know we've all been there and it sucks. Hang in there. Just remember you can always get even later on! :-)

12:33 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hi Christi
it really sounds like you're at your wits end right now, and rightly so. Unfortunately double-standards are common in relationships and even Bruce and I sometimes experience them, though not that often. You need a break for yourself and you just ain't getting it, girl. My work is my "break", if you can call it that! Hey, did you get my email a couple of days ago? I thought you would have been so happy about the news that you'd have written back - maybe you didn't get it?
Oh well. You have enough on your plate as it is : )
Take care!
HUGS

10:37 AM  
Blogger Lara said...

It's tough being mum, wife, housekeeper.... I'm lucky to have lots of help from dh but I still go to work - & have to take the kids to work with me 5 mornings a week! Now he's joined the gym - @ 3:30 every day - means I can't go for a walk in daylight & have no help for the two hours he's there! What I would love is some 'us' time - helps keep things together but the cost of babysitters & absence of extended family makes this tricky! Look after you!!

11:08 AM  
Blogger Roo said...

I have just got in from a friends and we had a big man hate session so I hear ya sista.
Hope you are feeling better

8:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter