Sunday, August 27, 2006

Butterfly Creek

Obviously I have been living under a rock! Having young kids, I am always keen to do things with them that we wouldn't normally do. But I have to admit that I find it hard to 'know' things to do. Or I don't know of things. And that aggrevates me more. Cause really, how many times can ya go to Auckland zoo??? Ok, for kids probably many, but I would also like to take them to see other things and enjoy other experiences.

Well looking at blogs last night, I came across Lesley's. In her blog was a stunning photo for a blue butterfly on her sons arm. Her blog mentioned that she took her kids to Butterfly Creek. I wasn't sure where Lesley lived only that she lived in New Zealand and she didn't mention where it was in NZ. So I figured, like most things, it was on the South Island somewhere. Well how happy was I to get a message on my blog saying that Butterfly Creek is by Auckland Airport!!!! HOW COOL!!! This is something Kamryn will thoroughly enjoy. And the fact that just maybe a butterfly will come and land on her as her all ready to go and see them. I'm even just as excited. So we are planning to go in 3 weeks time. We are hoping the in-laws can meet us there as we are sure they will enjoy it as well. So check out the website and if you can think of other things this small family could enjoy with their 4 and nearly 2 year old daughters, then please let me know! I don't have many ideas ;)

4 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

Oh, I thought you knew about Butterfly Creek!! We were going to go there last Sunday after I arrived home but it didn't open until 9.30am and we were there at 7.30am!!

Maybe we could go together sometime? Well obviously we would have to drive separately but we could meet up there and hang out? I think all our kids would really enjoy it. They have a COOL playground and Farm Animals, as well as the Train and the butterflies of course (Ethan said "I hate butterflies" but I'm sure he will like the other stuff, LOL)!

What days is Hugh working at the moment?? Is he off on weekends? We could go on a Saturday if he is.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Oops, just saw you have already decided to go in 3 weeks and meet the in-laws! Should have read it more carefully!!!

We'll probably still go there sometime in the near future, before the school holidays start! LOL :-)

8:10 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

That place is so cool!! We went this past March and took our neice and nephew too. They just loved it. We couldn't get them away from the farm animals. Madelynn cried when she couldn't take a rabbit home. Total value for money!

9:01 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

We have a butterfly house in Niagara Falls (it's a little bit of a drive for me) but it's an awesome experience! I know the kiddos will LOVE it!

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter