Thursday, August 17, 2006

So Who Got One???

The all elusive NZ 2004 five cent piece??? Wow, can you believe all the hype for one little 5 cent coin??? Well I don't have one. Kinda pissed. I had one in my possession and walked out of the house a couple of weeks back and spent it. Not on purpose, just forgot I set them aside for a reason. I wanted one for Kamryn's birth year (2002) and one for Lauryn's birth year (2004). Well I have Kamryn's but not Lauryn's. Looked on TradeMe. HA!!! It's over $50 for that wee little 5 cent coin! We called a coin collectors and we can get the entire 2004 coin set for $155! Seems better than paying $75 for one coin lol. So I have a few people on the hunt but have a feeling anyone that finds one will be hording it for themselves.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Okay, so remember I'm in the States...WHY the hype for the coin? Do they only produce so many?

11:46 AM  
Blogger Christi said...

OH, sorry, Lisa. Here in NZ we have a 5 cent coin, a 10 cent coin, a 20 cent coin and a 50 cent coin. We also have 1 and 2 dollar coins. However, the 5 cent coin is no longer being issued or used here. So supposedly there were only 30,000 of the 2004 five cent coin minted and it was the last mint of it as well. So that is why the high prices. The 5 is no longer being used but they have also changed the size of the 10, 20 and 50 cent coins as well. They are smaller and the 10 cent is now copper. Really cool! Hope that better explains it ;) I'll take a photo and show you the 5 cent coin.

11:53 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

I don't think I have any left (I took a HUGE bag of coins to the bank a few weeks before the new ones came out) but I will certainly keep my eyes open for ya!! I don't collect things like that (hmm, maybe I should) so if I find one I will GIFT it to you instead of listing it on TM!! LOL!! I cannot believe people are paying $50 for something that would have been left on the pavement just a couple months ago!! Crazy!

12:47 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Wow, I could be raking in the big bucks because I have quite a few in my coin part of my purse - yay! My accountant husband will be happy ; )

3:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter