Sunday, September 17, 2006

First Layout!



Oh my gosh, I can't believe I'm doing this but heck it's for a package of goodies so I can't resist! Lisa has a draw that ends today (sorry, Hannah, only just found out about it) and all you have to do is show your worst/first/early layout. I've gone with my first. I started scrapping in June 2003. The main drive for me doing so was for Kamryn's 1st birthday. I wanted to start before she was born but didn't know how to begin. I dabbled a bit with this in the States in 1998-99 but nothing like it is now. Back then I did an 8.5x11 album and everyone seemed to be doing 12x12 but it also seemed WAY expensive.

So in June, I remember heading off to my beginner's class. I had been buying few bits here and there and knew I wanted to do Kamryn's first Easter pics. I went armed with my pics and some Fresh Cut's Easter eggs. And this is my layout. I was sooooooooo eager to get into it that I had to try a bit of everything; shapes, punches, deco scissors, raffia, pens, letter templates, ripping! I couldn't get enough! I really wanted to do more with my page. But I was extremely happy with this page. Estatic! I was hooked from then on even though I knew I would be. And of course as you get better over time, you look back and wonder about those 'beginner' layouts. I did redo this page. Well adding more pics and the appropriate journaling which turned out better but I won't ever destroy this one. This is my start. And I have to say, there are probably only about a handful that I really wonder 'what was I thinking' but for the most part I really like my pages. (And I sooooooooo can't stand shape templates! I don't think this should even be taught in a beginner class. I think they do it just to get you to purchase the cutter and templates. When I taught my beginners class I could never use the cutter or even encourage my students to buy one.) So here I am showing the 'then' and 'now'. Boy, I've come a LONG way!

***ETA: I meant to link back to Lisa's blog so have done it now.***

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Christi your first layout is good. I am too embarrassed to show mine! No really I am!! Go you!! Isn't it great to be able to compare and recognise how far scrapping wise yuo have progressed. Oh the marketing ploy in your beginners class was a shocker!!! Go you for not trying the same thing in your classes.

6:35 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

You said it - you've come a long way!! I wouldn't be embarassed to show mine. Not because it is good, but because it is mine, ya know?
Maybe tomorrow I'll take a photo of it and put it up. You've seen it already anyway, it's in my album :-)

So did you win the goodies??

9:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter