Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Another Weigh-In

So today was my bi-weekly appointment with the nurse. I have been dreading this appointment. With my last weigh-in I was soooooooo stoked to jump into another 2 weeks but my body had other plans! Shortly after the appointment, I started my period. And we all know how we feel about exercise then! And now I've been sick since last Thursday, so nearly a week and I just can't muster any energy. I've also got this hip/back pain that has been killing me for 5 weeks now. The nurse said today that if it was a muscle it shouldn't hurt this long so if it's not better by Monday, I'm suppose to go in. But last night it was so bad I couldn't even sit down. So I've been dealing with all of this for 2 weeks and I know I had a BAD two weeks. She weighed me first thing and I gained 600g, just over a pound. (Sorry, Hannah, thought it was a kg lol.) But she said it could just be hormonal so hopefully two weeks will prove more weight loss. But she did a waist measurement and I was blown away!! I lost another 4cm from my waist in 2 weeks!!! I couldn't believe it! That's where it's at for me! I know the kgs are going to go slow but it's nice to know the cms are just dropping. So that's 15.5cm since I started back on August 11. I'm pretty happy about that.

Now onto my baby! So Lauryn is FINALLY cutting her top eye teeth!! Man, I don't think I know any other kid that has taken this long to get them! I wasn't even sure she ever would. But it explains heaps; the drool, the snotty nose, the screaming. And there is no sign of 2 year molars either. But if we are lucky she'll teeth with them for a year before they break through lol. And once again she has asked for a bottle today. Whoever said she would forget was lying! It's been over a month now since we stopped the bottles and every now and again she still asks for one. I feel bad for her. She still isn't drinking milk, she's a feather-weight. I weighed her yesterday and she only weighs 11kg (24lb) so she falls under the 25% mark in the Plunket book. She's just small. She can still wear 12-18 month stuff and some 2s are just too big. She'll be 2 in a month! I do want her to get back on the milk. I don't care what anyone says, it is healthy for them especially at these growing times.

7 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

Well, I've already told you that you did great with your 4cm loss. But is it really 15cm since you started?? HECK, that's awesome!!!!! Well done you!!

I'm glad to hear Lauryn's eye teeth are finally making an appearance! I have to say with both my boys the eye teeth were the worst, and the 2-year molars not so bad. Both of them got all 4 molars at once - Ethan got all his within a week, and Tyler within about 3 weeks. So hopefully you'll have a similar experience without too much pain & discomfort!

As for the bottles, I don't have any experience with this but have you tried taking her to the shop and letting her pick out her own special NEW sippy cup?? Maybe she'd be more likely to drink milk from that if she helped to pick it herself? You could also try flavoured milk, if you're not overly worried about the extra sugar content. Quik makes strawberry, chocolate, banana, etc. You could add just a fraction of what they recommend, just to give it a bit of colour & flavour. I guess the only problem with doing that is she might never want "plain" milk again. But those were just a couple of ideas that came to me while I was reading! I understand your concerns about her size, I would be the same way. You just have to do what you can to get her to drink it. Maybe increase her yoghurt/cheese intake if you are worried about lack of calcium.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you! That loss of cm's is the best feeling because that's what's gonna make the difference about how YOU FEEL in your clothes...and without ;)

5:32 PM  
Blogger Meg McKenzie said...

WTG Christi - well done on those 4cms, hope you are feeling better as well with your back! The photos of the girls eating tacos are very cute!!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Ilka said...

Wow Christi! How inspiring! I might need to chat to you about this weightloss thing. I could definately do with some of that.
Hope your back is coming right soon!

11:38 PM  
Blogger kiwicpk said...

Good on you Christi... :-)
Hope your back feels better soon, nothing worse is there.
I walked round for the last two months of my pregnancy with a hot weat pack sticking out the back of my pants - I didnt care as long as it made my back feel better.
I have seen something better - its made by "band aid" I think and its a sick on heat pad, last up to 8 hours and you can stick it any where......maybe that might help some.
KIM

12:31 PM  
Blogger kiwicpk said...

LOL....thats a stick on heat pad....not a sick one!!!! :-)

12:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Christi
well done on losing around your waist! I reckon that's a better indication of weight loss than losing on the scales (reminds me of the Downsize Me program that I saw this week).
Is Lauryn drinking formula? It is hard to move away from the bottle. I like Hannah's idea of her choosing her own brand new sipper cup. If possible, I'd avoid changing the milk by flavouring it cos then she might come to expect that. I don't know... that's just my two cents worth, but you could be making another stick for your own back... the minefields of parenthood! lol ; )
Me? I'm doing okay. I really need to send you an email to fill you in - better still, phone you, but I don't think I have your number.
I see that the ticker has altered the look of your blog page - too wide? I copied you and got a clock from that site, too, but made it smaller to fit within the confines of the margin.

3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter