Saturday, September 30, 2006

On the Ball

I know my trip to the States is exactly a year away but I can't help but getting excited about the prospect of purchasing my tickets in the new year. Hugh and I had a big conversation about how the money saving was going and how many weeks he can manage to be there with us. It was great! It was refreshing to see that we will definitely be able to manage the trip. My original date for leaving was the 15th of October and I've managed to talk him into the 26th of September. I'm working on the beginning of September but he says no more talk of leaving earlier right now ;) So we'll see. As it stands we will leave the 26th (obviously will know more once tickets are bought) and come back on January 5th. I'm soooooooo excited about going back and being able to show my girls where I lived. I haven't been back in 6 years but it will be 7 by the time I go. Hugh is going to meet us in November around the 19th and then we all fly back together. I'm sure it will be hard for him not having us around but he is hoping to get in more work while we are away to come maybe a week earlier. I'm just so relieved that everything is go. I was originally meant to go this year but that fell through so it's nice to know that everything will happen next year. Obviously some things still need to be sorted out like getting the tickets, making sure Hugh can get off for 8 weeks (even though he has the time we aren't sure they'll let him go that long) and hoping that Melissa can house sit. And yes, with it being a year away many many things can change but as it stands now, I can sooooooo see myself back home next year enjoying some fall weather and some awesome shopping and food!!!! ;)

7 Comments:

Blogger tanyaleigh said...

How exciting Christi, away for nearly 4 months. Can I hide in your suit case, please, pretty please....lol It will be nice for the girls to see where you are from though. Man! the shopping. How cool. Enjoy yourselves.

8:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow thats pretty exciting Christi and thats a decent break away too. Your gilrs will love that and how exciting to work towards saving for that trip!!

9:46 PM  
Blogger Meg McKenzie said...

Would love to be heading to the States, preferably for a scrapbooking trade show but then I start thinking about the logistics of organising 3 children.....LOL!
We'll just have to stay up to date via your blog, whose going to remind me about things I have to do on the forum LOL!!!

10:25 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

Thanks for the posts, ladies. I am absolutely thrilled to be going next year. Obviously not a cheap trip but it's well worth it since I've been waiting 6 years!!! And yes, Meg, don't overlook my DT entry because I won't be here next year cause if I get a spot then the contract will be up lol :) ;) Surely you can head to the States for shows without the kiddos, can't ya?

10:31 PM  
Blogger Ilka said...

Wow 4 month will give you plenty of time to show your kids all your special places from your childhood without time pressure. Sounds like you got much family so you'll have time to see them all. I had a great time when I showed my son where he was conceived. Back when he was 5 ;p Now the lad is 16! I haven't been back since but he has been back 2 times after that. Lucky boy!

12:39 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

I'm really excited for you, I know you're going to have a really awesome time and the girls will love it!!!

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just remember to come back Ok?

I don't know what we will do on friday nights without you??

(sniff)

12:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter