Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Kite Surfers





There are many reasons why I love living on the coast. There are a few reasons why I don't but now having a few good friends is starting to turn that around. But one of the coolest reasons for living here is kite surfers!!! This is the coolest thing ever!! Since you can see down onto the beach/water from our house, you can see the kites. At dinner on Monday night, the girls and I watched the kites out our dining room windows. So I thought as a treat we would drive down to the beach for a closer look. I've never seen them up close before but it was sooooooooo cool to watch! I love it when they come out of the water or when they lose their boards lol. One guy even did a somersault flip! It's totally cool! I took photos too and at one point I had to 'pretend' to be taking photos of the scenery so they didn't come asking me questions lol. The girls loved it! Kamryn didn't want to leave and Lauryn kept saying 'kites'. I know in Orewa they also have the ones where the kites are attached to little go-carts. I think they are called blow carts but I can't be certain. And they are cool too watching them drive up and down the beach and getting up in the air. If I were brave enough I might give it a try lol.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow they look cool Christi....

3:57 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Yep, they are cool!! We love watching them too. And the blow-carts do look like fun, I would love to try it one day.
You got some good pictures there!

PS. Right now I'm working on a layout called "reasons I love my neighbourhood" ... and although kite surfers aren't on my list, our beautiful beach sure is!

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I see I've been demoted : (
Yes, those surfers do look really cool - they make it look so easy, but I'm sure that it takes a lot of skill to do all that fancy footwork.
That's one of the perks living right by the coastline, for sure.
Hey, I'd like to do that FeedBlitz thing but haven't the first idea on how to set it up and get the code for my blog (not that anyone reads it anyway)

5:37 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

Rachel - you are silly! You didn't get demoted, just aphabatized lol. I got the e-mail thingy from Hannah's blog. You have to sign up and then put in your blog address and then they give you the code.

7:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now I feel stupid : )
Just feeling a bit sensitive these days - try not to, though
Thanks for the help - I'll try it out. I did sign up once seeing it on Hannah's blog the other day, but wasn't too sure what to do... what the heck, I'll give it a go

8:33 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Those are SCHWEET! Man, that would be cool to live near the coast and see those.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Ilka said...

Looking great! Kites are so cool and the sea is great and together it's just an amazing combo!

10:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter