Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Things

Well there's a few things I want to mention here today. So I'll just get into it!

1. Sooooooooo I have made it to round 4 of the Embellished Idol comp and the gallery can be viewed here. Contests rules stop me from publishing my layouts here on my blog. Just click on the round you want to see and I'm nzmommy. I was sad to see Kelly go as I think we were the only NZers in it. *hugs* Kelly!!! I was pretty impressed with my minimalistic layout and I'm just happy it was enough to get me through to the next round. This next one should be easy enough for me to do which is a minimum of 3 photos and 2 pattern paper. Deadline is Friday, so need to get on it! However, I don't think I will win. You can soooooooooo tell it's a popularity contest and since I don't know anyone on the board, I doubt I have a chance. But it is fun each week seeing the new challenges and getting some pages scrapped!

2. I breathed a BIG sigh of relief last night when it was announced that Matt and Indira will be going through to the final NZ Idol next week. I'm soooooooo happy! For weeks upon weeks we have been waiting for Aroha to go. I CANNOT stand her! She has HEAPS of growing to do and needs to get over herself. And honestly, I just love when Indira sings! I love how she dances and really gets into a song. I love Matt's voice as well but I find it hard imagining him as the NZ Idol. We shall see!

3. Well I have one DT entry done! I sent everything to Meg last week in the hopes of relinquishing the stress involved and the pleasure of knowing it's complete. I'm very happy with what I turned in!!! And I know the very few who have seen my altered project were quite impressed with it which makes me happy as I just don't do altered items lol. Now I just have to submit to Lisa's which I have to do by Friday.

So that's about it! Nothing else at the moment. I hope everyone is having a great week!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on still being in the game thats gotta feel good. And yip go Matt and Indira!! Not sure who I will be voting for now though but oh well will see soon:)

11:21 AM  
Blogger Creative Options said...

Oh wow...go you!!!
Your minimalist LO was fab!
Keep up the good work!...(wink)
I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for you.

12:51 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

I'll keep voting for you on Embellished Idol :-) I loved your layout for Round 3.

I love both Matt and Indira. They rock!! I don't even mind which one is the winner, because they are both great. I was glad to see Aroha go last night too.

1:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on making it to round 4 you go Christi. Well done on getting your design team entry in. As for idol well done on the two finalist! As you know I am not watching idol, so thanks for the update.....

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, it's so lovely, Christi! I really love the choice of colours, the composition of the photo and the other papers on the main page. I reckon the wide border really sets it off well and brings the whole design to life. I can really say that you've found your *thing* (something that you really excel at), if you know what I mean!
PS: The packing is going on in the kitchen - we're emptying the cupboards so that we can install our new kitchen : )!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Ilka said...

WTG Christi - congrats!!! I really love your LO's - very cool! Good luck with the next round.
Good on you for finishing one DT entry already.

6:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter