Saturday, October 28, 2006

Tonight's the Night

Well we have managed to cut out a night time video for Kamryn for about 4 days now. It seems to be going ok. She doesn't pitch a fit when we tell her no. There's just a few rule changes happening at the moment. And this happens to be one of them.

Also tonight was the night I decided it was time for her to sleep in her actual bed in Lauryn's room. So this proved interesting. After she had her dessert on the couch, she headed to bed. Not until I had a wee talk with her first. We decided that on the days that she doesn't go to kindy, she can have a special video in mommy and daddy's room if she is good in her bed the other times. So once I put Kamryn into bed she was fine. Didn't budge. It was Lauryn that got up 10 times and played and came to the door. I figure it will be like this. I also figure there will be nights when they keep each other up. But I know they will sleep even if it ends up being on the floor lol. They can't go all night without it. I'm not sure about the mornings though. Lauryn gets up and plays just before 7 or there after (doesn't make me happy but I can hear her through the monitor). Kamryn generally sleeps until 8. So I'm thinking Kamryn might have some early mornings to look forward to! It's good getting her out of our room but I have to admit that I quite like having her just within an arms length as their room is on the opposite side of ours. It's the paranoia in me lol.

Tonight also has me thinking about a banner. I tried figuring out how to do it but my head just can't sort it out. Anyone want to do one for me lol?!?!? I had a hard enough time putting in Jo's blinkie lol. Ok, off to bed without a child in the room!

6 Comments:

Blogger Phoebefigalilly said...

Yay Christi the blinkie's on your blog! Very cool. :O)

9:22 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I can only do very basic banners, but I do know that there are some very good banner tutorials out there on the internet. Just do a search, including using the keywords of the program that you have (ie. Photoshop or Paint shop pro) and pick out the kind that you'd like to do : )

10:32 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

Hi Christi.

This is where I got the information for a banner (when I had one!!!) It takes a bit of fiddling around, can be quite time consuming. Scroll down to find the title about making your banner.
http://lindsayteague.blogspot.com/2005_06_01_lindsayteague_archive.html
then you'll need to go here
http://lindsayteague.blogspot.com/2005_07_01_lindsayteague_archive.html to find out about putting it on your blog.

Hope that helps.
Angela

3:09 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

OK, I can see those links didn't quite come through. If you go to Lindsay's blog, I don't think she has archives, so drop me a line four.mcs at extra dot co dot nz and I'll send you the links.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Way to go, Kamryn!! I'm sure it will only take a few days before she is used to the changes. And hopefully she'll play quietly with Lauryn even if she does wake up early ;-) It will be good practice for morning Kindy, since she'll have to be up before 8 on those days, lol ;-)

7:28 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hi Christi
I tried that tutorial that Angela mentioned and it's very clear at explaining what to do. I revamped my MIL's webpage which included a banner that I made, using that tutorial...
http://thehappyhutter.blogspot.com/
Have a go : )

4:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter