Thursday, November 09, 2006

Bonita Returns!!!


After a very long trip from Snells Beach back to the Coast, Bonita finally made it today! I was glad to open the box and see two Bonita's sitting in there all new. So I snipped the tags off and started to wonder what I could do to rough her up. Well it was raining today so that helped. Then I took her out to the drive and rubbed her on the pavement lol. Then I put some food on her face and cleaned the kitchen cabinets with her. Oh and drenched her in the tap lol. But she still looked a bit too clean. Hugh went to pick Kamryn up from kindy and we put Bonita by the front door on the matt. And I tell you what, the reaction we got from her was one I could never put into words or explain very well. I could hear her outside but I was playing it cool. I heard her say 'Bonita's home!'. Then she same in the house (I was acting busy), she said 'mommy, Bonita's back'. I turned around and she just started crying. She said 'she's all wet'. I think she was a HUGE mix of emotions and the true emotion she felt for her little kitty coming back was priceless. I even cried with her cause it seriously tugged at my heart strings. So we wrapped Bonita up so she didn't get cold. And now she is asleep in her rightful place with Kamryn. I'm just glad we could bring her back to her ;)

5 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

What a gorgeous photo, Christi - I'm sure you'll do a scrapbook layout about this one ; )
I laughed about the ways you "aged" Bonita - cleaning with her, and rubbing her on the pavement lol. It's a story to tell Kamryn when she has her 21st! Well, off to Playcentre this morning - a bit of a pain, as I'm fed up with the place (more on that later!) I'll email you tonight from work : )

8:24 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

That is really sweet! Nikki's son lost his dog in Auckland and someone found it via the Trademe message board after they spent heaps finding extra ones and trying alternative dogs etc...I must admit if it were my kids I wouldn't have even thought of hunting for new ones for them like you guys did. Guess I'm not a very good mom.

9:01 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

That is so sweet and cute!! You MUST scrapbook this! I also had a good chuckle at the things you did with Bonita, especially cleaning the kitchen with her!!

I'm SO glad she is home safe and sound. Kamryn must be one happy little girl now :-) Well done, mommy!! (and daddy, coz I know he helped too)

9:02 AM  
Blogger kiwicpk said...

Yeah Bonitas home......i just about cryed too :-)
I always worried after Alexander once lost his "nuggy" (his blanket) in Farmers, that I always had a replacement. I remember my mum trying to pass any old blanket off to me as a child and its NEVER the same, so i felt for Kamryn.

3:40 PM  
Blogger Ilka said...

Oh what a gorgeous photo and story. Just too cute! Had to grin at the ways you aged poor Bonita 0.o

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter