Sunday, December 03, 2006

Tonsillitis

Our day was pure crap yesterday. Hugh took Lauryn to the doctor on Friday and was told her throat was red and swollen. She had a fever throughout the day and wasn't eating much and just wanted to be held. The doctor said if it wasn't better by Monday then she need antibiotic. Well yesterday we noticed her breath was smelling which wouldn't be a symptom if it was viral. But we thought we would just continue on and head off to Christmas Wonderland for the kids to see. We left the house about 6PM with Hugh refusing to drive so I did. As we got past the Albany exit (about 25 minutes from home), she started throwing up. Non-stop! So I had to exit real quick and pull over. Poor thing threw up all over her car seat, cow, and clothing. And of course we had nothing to change her into because she hadn't been throwing up. So we went to Milford A&E and the doctor right away told us she had tonsillitis. So we got the antibiotic. Then off to the Warehouse to buy Lauryn some clothing and have a look around. By the time we left it was getting dark so we headed to Birkenhead. We get there and park and then we see the queue. Hugh does his 'everyone look at me' speech of how he was tired and smelled of vomit so he didn't want to be standing in line for an hour. And he always does this in a louder than normal voice so people stare which pisses me off. It's like he wants someone to come up to him and go 'you are so right, you do look tired and man you really stink so you should just go home'. But it always makes me look like a dumb ass. So we head home which pissed me off cause I really wanted Kamryn to see all the trees. And on the way home Lauryn started to throw up again by the poo-ponds. Had to pull over again. Got home about 9:30, gave her Pamol and she throws up again. Had some Wendy's cause I only had fries and mint Scorched Almonds all day. Lauryn ate some of the bun and a wee piece of chocolate from her advent calendar. And she managed to hold it down. Gave her more Pamol at 10:30 and put her to bed. Kamryn went to bed shortly before Lauryn. Well at midnight Lauryn was still awake and Hugh was sleeping in her room. Well we all moved to our bed where Lauryn slept on the covers and she was fine until she started throwing up at 2:30 again. And so far today things have been ok. Well I just mean she hasn't thrown up but she hasn't eaten much either. It's really been rough on the wee mite and she wants nothing to do with me now. So it's all about daddy lol which is fine cause I get it throughout the week. And I had a good two days of cuddling because she was sick so now it's his turn lol. I just hope this doesn't last too long.

6 Comments:

Blogger tanyaleigh said...

Oh Christi I hope Lauryn gets better soon. Not so good when the kids are sick. Bit of a shame that you missed the trees. Take Care guys.

8:07 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Oh no!!! I'm so sorry, Christi! I feel so bad for Lauryn, poor baby! And I'm sorry you missed the trees :-( We did too, because our movie was so long and finished too late.

I hope Lauryn is much better today. I'm sure once the antibiotics start "kicking in" she will be feeling a lot better. I've never had any experience with tonsillitis, I didn't know about the vomiting, that is just horrible :-(

Did you see the ducklings before you left for the Shore? They weren't there when we went down but we hoped they would come back.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Creative Options said...

Poor Lauryn, thats pretty rough, I hope the antibiotics have kicked in and she is starting to feel much better?

Shame you missed out on christmas wonderland, I took my guys and they loved it...I'm taking them again next year as well.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Oh dear, poor Lauryn. Daniel and me can totally relate to what she and you are going through. Daniel's had it three times so far and I'm hoping that he doesn't get it any more, because they're not inclined to take out their tonsils anymore...
hugs, sleep, pamol, lying low at home and loads of tlc are all you can do right now

9:43 AM  
Blogger Meg McKenzie said...

Hope your wee poppet is feeling much better, that's what amazes me about kids is how quickly they 'crash' when they get sick!!! Hope you have managed to get some sleep as well!! Just saw the photos you took on Hannahs blog - they ar fantastic!!

3:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh poor Lauryn, hope those anti biotics have kicked in and she is on the mend.

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter