Thursday, December 21, 2006

Santa & Layouts

I finally managed to get the girls to see Santa yesterday. I was hoping Hugh would get to go but he had an interview so it was just me. The girls were fine though and I kinda worried about how Lauryn would react. She didn't freak out or anything. Showed him cow and was fine sitting on his lap. I think since Kamryn was fine with it then Lauryn was ok with it. That seems to be how it works lately. She is taking her cues from Kamryn lol.

And now moving right along with Janine's challenge. It seems that I have a lot of journaling happening more than photos. I find it hard to not have photos on pages lol. But here is #6 and it's really about a memory for grade school when I never got to sing my favorite song at any of the concerts. This is something that always comes to my head as a memory so I feel better knowing it's down.
And #7 was fun! Kiwis do Christmas completely different to Americans. And I like the American way. Americans seem to get more into Christmas where it isn't so apparent here in NZ with kiwis. I don't think I have ever heard anyone out in stores or around town utter the words 'Merry Christmas' without being prompted first. Kinda sad :( So this one is about my cold and sometimes snowy Christmases versus the Kiwi BBQ and beaches Christmas.

#8 is about my family and how I make my immediate family our priority for Christmas. I don't like being made to feel like we need to be somewhere on Christmas. Christmas is for my girls. Waking in the morning to a tree full of presents and just the whole feel of the day and not being rushed to be somewhere. I will continue this for as long as I can. Makes it less stress-free this way ;)
This one is about Christmas cards. And I would have liked to have done a page about how I was organized and timely with getting Christmas cards out. But I didn't do any Christmas cards. So instead I thought I would scrapbook about the ones I have received and how this year we have had the most Christmas cards in my six years of being here.

And finally #10. Mom will appreciate this one if she sees it lol. When I moved in with mom at 15, there were many things that were new and different to me since I hadn't lived with her before or spent much time with her. One thing mom likes to do at Christmas time is watch 'It's a Wonderful Life'. She usually gets razzed about it and I used to watch it with her. And, Mom, Hugh hasn't seen it so maybe next year he can watch with you ;)

7 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Wow - I can't get over how your two girls look so much like each other, and what a lovely photo of them!
Yeah, I understand what you mean about the Kiwi Christmas. I've never been somewhere cold (apart from Dunedin, lol!) on Christmas Day, and I feel like it should be snowing, cos all the typical Christmas songs are about snow, fires, being warm inside when it's cold outside etc. It's one of my goals in life to experience a northern hemisphere Christmas (ie. I want to have the snow, the caroling, the wrapping up warm and snug thing). Maybe once the kids have grown up and Bruce and I get to travel a bit more? I always equate Christmas Day with having a roast dinner, so was a bit taken aback when my MIL suggested we have a BBQ instead. To me that's odd. Bruce did tell me later on that it was a South African tradition to have a BBQ/Braai on Christmas Day, so I guess he can decide and I'll go with the flow. As long as I get my brandy snaps I'll be okay, lol.

1:48 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

You have done some fab work Christi - I love the Its A Wonderful Life layout - gorgeous! Your girls look so sweet!
You can come down here for Christmas if you want? LOL - The lovely weather people are predicting snow!! That would be different - but at least then I could justify all my little snowmen ornaments etc, capering around inside my house...

3:47 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Great job getting all those pages done! Awesome!
I'm glad the girls enjoyed their visit to Santa. We've kind of done that already at the preschool party (haven't put pics on my blog yet, must do that ...) but we might go up and see Santa at the Plaza tomorrow too.

3:51 PM  
Blogger Meg McKenzie said...

Gorgeous layouts Christi, love the flowers on the It's a Wonderful Life layout!! Those 2 girls of your are just beautiful - Merry Xmas to you and your family!

4:17 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I love the look on Lauryn's face! She is quite the character isn't she?

As usual your top notch on the layouts. Great stuff!

7:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Christi love the layouts. I love its a wonderful life too, That was on tv yesterday afternoon on channel 3. Just think this time next year you will be able to share in a lot of those traditions with your daughters.

7:39 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Your girls are absolutely BEAUTIFUL Christy...and they do look so much like each other. I just love the curls :) So sweet!

As always you do some of the best layouts...I swear I'm going to steal some ideas IF I ever get a chance! ;)

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter