Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Fed Up

Man, I thought Christmas was suppose to be a time of good spirits and happy people. I must be living under a rock cause it sure doesn't appear that way here on the Coast. I give up man. Over the years, I have learned and taught myself to move on from people's actions and not to point out the faults. You never know what kind of day someone has had so they don't need you pointing out something they are doing wrong. I can just continue on. This person doesn't disrupt anything in my life so why should I give them a hard time so they can feel worse????

Today is not my day. I've been feeling sick to my stomach all day. Not sure what is up. It's like my stomach is hungry but I'm not hungry and it's painful. I decided to head to the gym anyway since I know I probably won't get to go over the week and Monday/Tuesday. Well it was busy so I jump in where I could. So I grab a machine between two women. And as I get going it says 'change stations now', well I continued on with the machine not even thinking to move since I just got on it. Well the lady next to me says 'you are suppose to start on a platform' and I said 'I've never been told that'. So she tells the lady behind me to do that machine cause you don't want to miss it and she would move down. Whatever, I just kept going hoping she would finish soon. Now had that been me, I would have moved down, did what I had to do and then come back to whatever I missed. No big deal. But obviously she thought it was and I was intruding. Then as I leave, two ladies go through the door as I walk out. So I hold the door open for them. Do you think there was a 'thanks' or 'thank you'? Um, that would be a no. Cause god forbid they actually utter any manners or politeness from their bitchy lips! And then people are always talking about how kids these days have no manners. I wonder why!!!! Cause the adults can't be bothered using them either. Then I go to get fruit next door and looked at getting some strawberries. Well 5 punnets had fuzzy mold on them!!! Now you know it's been there a while and like they couldn't have been removed. I mentioned it at the counter and she said thanks there will be fresh ones tomorrow. But it was said with a bitchy attitude as well. Is it too much to ask for fresh produce??? Especially when I am paying for it? And I just hate going to the gym when there are heaps of people there. I just don't feel like I fit in at all. Not with all the women excercising in their necklaces, bracelets, makeup, hoop earrings and flash joggers. What's the point? When I'm there I feel small, a nothing, like I'm nothing but a fleck in the way. No one there knows me. No one there knows my life. But yet if I don't do something 'right' (which was never told to me or have I seen myself) then they feel free to tell me I screwed up. Bugger off! I don't need it. Shut your damn mouth.

7 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Well said Christi!

10:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And adults bitch about why young people have no manners. Now we know.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Man, I'm sorry you had that experience at the gym yesterday! I agree, some of those ladies are real pieces of work. I just have to ignore them whenever I'm there. But I also have to say that the ladies who are there in the early morning are SO much nicer!! I have been shocked at the difference between them and the ones usually there when we go in the afternoon. It is unreal!!!

You are completely right about the manners. Kids aren't going to learn good manners if they don't see them modelled in their parents and other adults in their lives.

PS. I hope you are feeling better today.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Man, it sounds like you had an awful day. And the little things do count, like manners, and flexibility (when it comes to whatever maching you're supposed to use 'first' at the gym). Those women (I was going to call them ladies, but they hardly sound worthy seeing as they'reso petty and lack manners!) sounded just awful. If it was me holding the door for them, and they didn't say 'thanks', I'd have uttered something that wasn't quite under my breath! I get that kind of thing at work all the time - and these days I don't let it slip. I think 'bugger it' - I'm finishing up in a few days time and I don't care if you think a lowly public servant shouldn't be putting you straight on your lack of manners! It sounds like the early crowd at the gym are far nicer, which might mean that the crowd at the gym later at night are, too. Is it possible to go at either of these times? Hugs to you!

8:08 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

just love you Christi! You notice the things I've been complaining about NZ for years. I do find the people here much more rude. After about 4 years of it I just started dishing it back to them.

Brendon calls me his little bulldog. LOL

Hope you feel better soon.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

Yes, Michelle, the rudeness has bothered me for some time. I think I have had a few posts about this lol. There are rude people back home as well, I just don't think we see as much of it as it seems like a bigger problem on a whole here lol. I think that's why it's hard to make genuine friends.

8:05 PM  
Blogger Mrs Frizz said...

A quick note to say Merry Christmas Christi and I hope that you have had a better day today after reading your post. It's so true today - manners need to be taught, children need to listen, remember their manners and then as an adult, it should just come naturally. That would be a pet hate, one of many - when people don't use their manners. It doesn't cost them anything ...
Take care and from our household to yours, Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New Year.

9:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter