Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Baby Teeth

We are coming around the corner of another milestone for Miss Lauryn. The eye teeth or canines are coming through. Great diagram here. These are supposedly the hardest ones for them to get since they are pointy. I know she has been teething with these for a while and they have been driving her nuts. But Saturday and Sunday night was the worst with them. Monday morning wasn't much better. Hugh had said if there weren't any signs of teeth by Friday then she was going to the doctor since she would chew things up and then spit them out. Making us think it could have been a throat infection. Well last night at dinner Hugh thought he seen a wee tooth ridge so I had a look. There wasn't one where he thought but on the opposite side there is one finally poking through. It's been a while since her first molars came through and we knew these would be doozies! Poor thing. At least her mid morning stirrings, screamings and cryings all make sense. I just hope they all come through in one shot though. NO waiting. But pictures will now look different. I can't imagine cutting teeth or what it would feel like. I know I hated losing them and being able to feel the gum pull from the tooth. Uck!!! I still cringe thinking about it. Or when I had to have a baby one pulled at the dentist and you could hear the gum pulling and then popping when it came out. Seriously, I don't know how I am going to handle this with the girls. But I have time to work it out lol.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

Well, like I said last night, it is nice to finally know what has been causing her crying and waking up in the night. Teething cannot be much fun, but at least she won't remember it, LOL!
I hope they all come in at once, too. It is so much easier when that happens. I remember Ethan got 5 teeth in one week!! And I didn't even know they had arrived, so you can imagine my shock when I looked and saw a whole bunch!
Honestly, I think the worst part of teething is the moving around in the gums before they break the skin. In my experience, once the skin is broken, they seem a lot happier. I hope that is the case with Lauryn too :-)

3:11 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

Yes, I am just happy it's all finally happening. I can't remember the last time she slept through the night lol. She wakes for one bottle and then is usually off to sleep but it's nice when she doesn't wake at all. Yes, she seems happier now that that one has come through. The past couple of days have been good. Hugh asked the other day who pushed her happy button lol. Now 3 more to go! YIKES! Then it's another set of molars, YUCK! And then nothing until 6? I think.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I hope Lauryn gets some relief soon! Ouch! I must admit I was lucky with Madelynn she teething didn't seem to bother her. Aidan gets a little cranky but not much either.

9:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter