Thursday, May 11, 2006

Mallow Puffs


This is soooooooo just like me to blog about cookies! But I have to! I'm convinced that everyone needs to see these! So I'm working my way around New World yesterday and spot these new Mallow Puffs. Hmmmmmm, pink, what's in the pink pack? I have a look and they are Rocky Road Mallow Puffs! OMG! And next to them are Banana Split ones. Ok, I went for the Rocky Road cause I couldn't afford another $2.50 for 8 of them! This packaging alone is not to be missed! I love it! First I must mention that I love Mallow Puffs. I love Rocky Road. Well the Rocky Road that I grew up on, that is. Back home, Rocky Road is ice cream and it's chocolate with marshmallows and pecans. And these Mallow Puffs are traditional Kiwi Rocky Road with chocolate, marshmallows and peanuts with a bit of jam thrown in. I can do without the jam though. On a whole I love New Zealand cookies (biscuits) and the variety is great and they are such 'adult' cookies. I mean where else in the world can ya get a Mint Slice (ultimate faves!) that is just a hearty cookie?? Back home it was Grasshoppers and they cost a fortune so you were happy when the Girl Scouts came around with their Thin Mints but even then you had to wait for cookie time and Thin Mints are just that, thin. Ok, so enough of my love affair......... Look at this packaging??? Tell me that doesn't just make you stop and wonder what these little heavenly puffs are all about??? Really, I think I may have to scrapbook about this lol.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Don't feel too bad, Christi, about obsessing over biscuits cos *SNAP!* I love mallow puffs also! My untimate favourite are those mint slices (don't mind which brand, Arnotts or Griffins)!! Any chocolate combined with mint is my ultimate weakness (there you have it!) I haven't spied those new mallowpuffs in the supermarket yet, but I sure as hell look for them next time! Thanks for sending out an alert to all the sweet tooths : )PS: I think your cookie making afternoon with Kamryn is a FANTASTIC idea!

1:49 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

OMG ... get me to a supermarket NOW!!! I love Mallowpuffs, they are my all-time favourite biscuit! (Rob's are Toffee Pops, which aren't bad either)

I have to get some of those new ones!! Maybe I'll get some to bring tomorrow night, hehe :-)

FUNNY: the word verification is "SOWPUZ" and I keep thinking "sourpuss", hehe.

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter