Thursday, March 09, 2006

Just a Catch Up

Wow, I really can't believe it's been so long since I last posted. Many things have happened though and I'll be quick about listing them so you don't feel like you are reading a book lol.

1. On February 20, Lauryn had her 15 month check and Kamryn her 3 year (they prefer to check them at 3 1/2). Everything went well with Kamryn's. They checked her eyes, height and weight. Asked us questions to make sure she is on track for her age and she is. Her height is 104.8cm (41 inches/nearly 3 1/2 feet) and her weight is 17.25kg (nearly 38lbs). In just 7 months she's grown 5cm but her height and weight are both just over the 75% line. Lauryn had a similiar check but obviously for her age. She is 82cm (32 inches) and her weight is 10.9kg (nearly 24lb). She's just under the 75% line for weight and just under the 97% line for height. I looked at Kamryn's details for when she was 15 months old and Lauryn is 1cm taller but Kamryn was nearly 1 1/2kg heavier. My mom thinks Lauryn is going to be of average height while Kamryn is nearly 6 foot. I disagree. I think both of my girls will be on the tall side and over 5'8" but I don't *really* want them to be 6' either.

2. In February Kamryn had a field trip to the Tip Top ice cream factory in Auckland with daycare. It wasn't hugely impressive. You didn't actually get to go in the plant and only viewed things from windows. Plus you couldn't take photos as it's all top secret machinary and such. Kamryn enjoyed it though and the bus ride was cool.

3. A work meeting the end of February proved pathetic. I've been working there since August but yet they are reserving 7 hours a week work for a new card lady. Why am I not entitled to this? Who knows. And this is why Hugh has issues with this country. Not only that, someone that is a 'friend' that works there said 'if you are moving in a few months then why would you want 7 hours a week when someone else can take it who will be there longer?' Um, because 7 hours a week is better than maybe getting 2-3 hours a month! Besides no one is permanent, we don't know what is going to come up from day to day.

4. March 1 I had my appointment at the hospital for a coloscopy and biopsy. He right away told me that nothing looked cancerous. However, sending the biopsy off will let us know what is up with the negative cells and then I'll be called back to the hospital. That was the first time ever that I was in and out of the hospital in 30 minutes!

5. A break away proved more work than it was worth. Although always getting away makes you appreciate your home more. The girls and I took off for 3 nights. It's hard being at someone else's house and still maintaining my rules and routines I have for my girls especially when there isn't much set in place for the other children they are around. A few things happened that put me off too and it just comes down to the fact that I can't stay with someone when all our kids are involved as mine inevitably feel left out.

So that is my mini update. I really didn't think I had much to mention but maybe I did ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Oh I'm sorry to hear about the work situation UGH! I don't understand companies and people sometimes Honestly! Wow...sounds like your girls will be tall girls!

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter