Thursday, February 09, 2006

Baby Babble

After reading Lisa's post, I thought I would mention a few words that Lauryn is saying. Melissa told me the other day that she chatters a lot and she can't believe how much she chatters for a baby. I do believe this has something to do with having an older sister. I don't know that Lauryn is as clear with her words as Kamryn was but I do think she babbles more. Here is what I can think of at the moment:

Daddy (she will go through a store saying 'daaa deee')
Mommy
Tiss (kiss)
Tanks (thanks)
Nooo!
Gook (book)
Bubby (our cat)
Up
Where are you? (tends to run together)
Ooo ah!
Yummy
iloveyou (all one word)
Clap
Hi
Dink (drink)

I'm sure there are others and I know I thought of more the other day but do ya think I wrote them down? No. But at least I have this now and I can scrapbook it! She does babble all the time and sometimes you wish it wasn't so much ;)

3 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

How cute, Christi!!
It sounds like she does say a lot. And some sentences too, that is pretty good for her age!
Saying "iloveyou" is pretty special. I can't wait for Ty to say that!

Funny that you've found she is advanced because she has an older sister. I've found the exact opposite with my boys!! Ethan could say about 150 words at 18 months, Tyler at 16 months only says about 10! People say "oh, its because he is a second child", I guess implying that the older child talks "for" the younger one. I think that probably does happen a bit in our house.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

My older brother and I had our own special language until I was almost 3 when my parents made him stop translating for me :) Great post...I need to add some of Lucas's new words. That's great the she's using 2 and 3 words together!

3:42 AM  
Blogger Christi said...

Hannah - Kamryn rarely shuts up. I find myself turning the stereo up to hear something and she will say 'mommy, can you please turn it down it's too loud' then I say 'if you would quiet for 5 seconds I could hear the radio'. I just thought that since Kamryn talked so much that Lauryn has just picked up on her never being quiet. And she mimics too, easily and all the time! Kamryn makes a rude noise, then Lauryn does it as well.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter