Friday, December 09, 2005

Fed Up, No Money!

I reckon I'm a pretty reasonable person at the best of times. I'm also pretty open. But I draw the line when I start to feel like I am being taken advantage of.

Weekly I invoice my wages to my boss so I can get paid. He has issues with this. Firstly, I must state that I much prefer to be a 'real' employee then have to take care of everything myself but obviously this proves too much work for the man that owns THREE businesses! I invoice my wages Monday evening after I have worked. Is it really too much to ask that I am paid by Friday morning??? I hestitate calling and finding out where the pay is. He isn't the easiest guy to talk to anyway and he always makes it sound like it's my fault it's not been paid.

Today was no different. He says it's unreasonable for me to expect it to be paid that day. I don't expect it that day. But I think 5 days is plenty of time to get it done. Then he says the others invoice monthly. To that I say they don't need the money like I do and yes I need it weekly as I now have a weekly car payment (not that that is any of his business)! Then he says he has 200 e-mails to go through everyday. Um, I'm guessing that comes with being a boss! I really don't think it's too much to ask that I get paid within a reasonable time frame. Another excuse is that he is out of town and he has to sign for our wages to be paid. Can't someone have authority over this??? If not then how is it my husband gets paid every Wednesday without fail??? And why is it the lady that does Hugh's pays puts them in Tuesday so they are there Wednesday morning??? I'm sure she doesn't go running down one of the bosses for a signature for a pay that happens weekly!

At any rate, I am sitting here on a Friday morning without my pay. And at this time of year, you would think the man would be more understanding of the situation. I shouldn't have to call and find out where or why I haven't been paid. It should be done in a timely fashion and not 5 days later, no matter the situation!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter