Friday, February 02, 2007

Yogurt Pops



I have been making these yummy pops for the girls for the past two summers and this year will be no different! Obviously Kamryn has gotten to enjoy them more because she is older and this year Lauryn has finally gotten to try them. Going on the third summer, I've made my third batch today lol. YOGURT POPS! Full of yummy healthy things for those hot kids in the summer heat! This is the best container I have found for housing these pops and do you think I can find another set???? NOPE! You would think I would learn my lesson on buying more than one cause what if it breaks, then I'm in trouble lol. So what is in these things??? Probably the same stuff that is any fruit smoothie, I imagine lol. This is what I put into these ones in the pic:

*1 little pot of yogurt (peach)
*1 can of mixed fruit; drained (Signature Range is best)
*2 bobby bananas
*Milk; generally I use the empty pot of yogurt as a guide and fill halfway

And that's it! Nothing else added and no extra sugar either. The other day I made strawberry ones and the batch before was banana and plum. Basically the yogurt and milk are my base and then throw anything else into the blender ya want! I can't really give you exact measurements but I've made just the right amount for 6 pops each time lol. What luck! My girls love these! And they would be easy for kids to add whatever they wanted and make them. Lauryn likes putting the tops on and putting them in the freezer! Very helpful, she is ;) My girls enjoy them heaps so thought I would share with others that read my blog looking for something to make with their kids or something to make them for a cool treat ;) Let me know how they work for you :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

Yummy - I will make some of these for sure! They sound so good! Thanks!

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

looks good Christi......very yummy. Maybe I need to fo hunt for some popiscle containers

7:52 AM  
Blogger Kelly said...

Great idea, Christi. I think I'll have a go at these. Might need to get some more containers though - the little tupperware ones I have look Waaaaay smaller than your ones. Bummer you can't fine them again!

10:44 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Sounds yummy! Might have to try them.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter