Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My Birthday ;)

Yes, the 28th has come and gone but it's definitely been a wonderful and memorable birthday and one that has left me in smiles for a majority of the weekend. Here's how it's all been:

*First those lovely ladies on that SE board were filling my letterbox with lovely RAKS throughout the entire month of January. Wonderful things were packed in those envelopes ;) Thanks guys :)

*And I must give thanks to Ann who gave me a three day birthday!!! (There ya go, there's ya thanks ;)

*Friday night, Hannah, Ann and I went out for my birthday. First we tried the bar behind work only to find things were no longer as they used to be. So we had some wine and then decided to head into Orewa to Hola! Once we got there, we had margaritas and appetizers! Plus Hannah just had to mention it was my birthday so I could get one of the awesome sumberos lol. Then we had our main meal and got up to leave. Hahaha, I managed to sneak inside without an embarrassing Hola birthday. WRONG! Vicki says 'oh we forgot'. And I said 'that's ok'. But then she said I could still have a hat without the singing. Ok, cool. WRONG again! She yells 'I need a hat!' It was all over then lol. So back to the shop where we enjoyed brownies. And I got to open my lovely gift from Hannah. Now I was aware it was an altered project but she also said it wasn't something I have seen before, she was sure of it. Well I couldn't for the life of me think what it was. And this is what is was:



Isn't if fabulous?!?!?!? I am just gobsmacked everytime I see it. No one has ever done something like this for me before. I was floored and blown away. It's just beautiful and the work that went into it is amazing. I have a very wonderful friend ;) She also gave me a mag, Reese's Pieces and some candles. So sweet! Thanks Hannah! Love ya babe! And on top of all of this Ann and Hannah shouted my dinner as well! It was great! Completely different to last year where I paid for the dinner, drinks and my own damn cheesecake for 4-5 friends!

*Saturday arrived and so did a package from my in-laws. And I opened it then lol. Yes, I can't wait ;) And to my shock it was a bathing suit! Now I know it sounds odd but I'm not one who likes to shop for a bathing suit nor would I think I could find one to fit lol. So this was a huge blessing. I know my MIL read my blog and seen I was going to start looking for one. Well this has to be the most thoughtful gift they have given me! And they didn't clear it with Hugh and I simply love the suit! And enjoyed it much more in the water tonight ;)

*Sunday came (my read birthday, 28th lol) and there wasn't any surprises in store. Hugh gave me my gift earlier in the week which was these cute little guys:



But nothing was made by the girls since they weren't aware of it. Bad hubby! But for lunch we had fried zucchini thanks to Debbie on the forum. OH MAN, that was soooooooo good! And then for dinner we had a lovely corned beef and all the fixins lol. We wanted to head to the beach but it clouded over and start to rain a bit. too much of a temperature drop for the girls as well. Instead we had chocolate muffins. Mine had a candle in it and the girls and Hugh sang Happy Birthday. It was so nice to hear Lauryn singing too. So it was a quiet night in.

*Nothing from my family but a phone call from mom on Monday.

So it was a fabulous birthday and one that has really made me feel lucky for the many things mentioned above. And without Ann granted me a three day birthday, I probably wouldn't have enjoyed it sooooooo much ;) Every birthday should be this way!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like you have been spoilt and had a great few days thats what it should be all about. Love the otpp that Hannah made. stunning.

6:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow what an amazing present that Hannah made for you...mmmm might have to have a chat to her about how she made it...Way to go on you being spoilt, you deserve it. So glad that you liked the corgette - let me know if you need anymore..

10:07 AM  
Blogger kiwicpk said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISTI...... :-)

11:04 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

I'm so happy you had a nice bday! I'm glad someone does. Brendon's terrible about bdays and if I don't even buy my own gift I don't get one.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Mrs Frizz said...

Sounds as though had a real birthday bash Christi. Love the artiste palette - lucky you.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Hey, I'm so glad that you had a great birthday. I'm so happy that you enjoyed your night on Friday and that you loved the gift. I'm feeling a bit flustered now seeing it up on your blog and all the nice comments - *blush* - but I'm thrilled that you loved it so much. You're a WONDERFUL friend and so happy that you had a nice birthday. LOVE YA!! xxx

9:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter