Thursday, January 11, 2007

Resolutions

I try to stir clear of New Year's resolutions each year unless they are scrapbooking related because I feel those are acheivable. With the new year rolling on, I should get them listed. Last year I managed to acheive my scrapbooking goal of 60 pages which I completed by September 13. And the year end see me completing a total of 76. There could be a few more I didn't note just yet but I'm happy with that. This year my goal will be 70 which could prove interesting while being away. And another personal goal was to get on a design team. And I've done that. YIPPEE!!! So now onto this year's goals:

1. Spend less time on the computer.
2. Continue to work on my weight.
3. Save save save for my trip to make it happen.
4. Clean the clutter from my house; sell, give away or throw away.

So I think those are pretty reasonable goals. I have already started everything so really it's just keeping it up and maintaining it all.

As far as scrapbooking goes:
1. 70 pages (double layouts count as 2 pages) by year end.
2. Try out for another design team when my current one ends.
3. Try to get more published.

Again, sounds pretty simple. Last year I was published 4 times, I believe. So hopefully I can double that this year or at least double the amount in one issue. I have a few design teams in mind I would like to try out for but the calls won't be going out until late in the year.

And one of my other goals is to get Lauryn potty trained before we head to the States. I don't mind night time diapers but really want to give up the day time ones. I tried the other day just to see where she was at, and she isn't ready yet. So we'll give her a few months more and then try again. Kamryn was potty trained by 2 1/2 years, so I am hoping I can do the same with Lauryn.

So that's it. I think this year is going to be a fast one for a number of reasons. I do hope summer sticks around for a whlie this year though, cause I'm not really keen for winter to start early since the start to our summer has been pretty crappy. But I have a lot to do this year and hopefully my goals will keep me focused.

2 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Don't worry about Lauryn training, like you said, 'she will do it when she is ready', and most of the time you will find a second one will be quite quick, as they want to do what the older one is doing, especially as you have 2 girls, Lauryn will want to be a big girl like Kamryn.

Good on you for achieving your goals last year, and for setting this years ones, the thing I like is that they are achievable.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Good luck with your resolutions, Christi. I haven't really made any. But of course the weight loss and fitness thing is way up there. And doing more scrapbooking!! I'm sure you'll achieve all your goals :-)

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter