Friday, January 05, 2007

My Little Talker


Lauryn has just grown leaps and bounds in the talking department. She's always said a fair bit but not it's becoming more clear and understandable with less and less gibberish. She's using complex sentences and we can actually talk to her. Sometimes she doesn't follow the directions real well but hell our 4 year old can't even do that lol. And she's a 2 year old like no other, for sure! The age of two has been a real big growth for her in speech as well as tantrums, screaming and 'no'. It's all in there and more intense than I ever remember with Kamryn. Not much is getting through to her these days. But she is a lovely child. She keeps us on our toes, she's funny, she's loving and caring, and she's very helpful. And instead of the 'why' questions we are getting the 'who's' questions lol. Something like this:

L: 'Mommy, who's shirt is that?'
Me: 'It's Daddy's shirt.'
L: 'Who's Daddy's shirt?'
Me: 'It's the shirt your Daddy wears.'
L: 'Who's Daddy's shirt wears?'

And it goes on like this lol. She also mimics Kamryn to a T. Facial expressions and feet stomping too. You never know if you should laugh, cry or scream! Hopefully there is another side!

***And I think her hair is going straight!!! It appears to be losing what curl it had. I'm a little sad but I know it's not the end of the world. But I was sure hoping it would stick around like Kamryn's :(

3 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

That's so great, Christi! I have to say I've loved seeing Tyler's speech develop over the past 6 months or so. And it is wonderful being able to have proper conversations with them. Helps a lot with the 2-year-old tantrums as well, I find I can actually talk to him about it now and it calms him down.

Sorry Lauryn is losing her curls. I was the same when I was her age. My curls disappeared when I was about 3 I think. But she's still totally gorgeous!!

9:18 PM  
Blogger tanyaleigh said...

Lauryn is just to cute! Isn't it cool when they start talking. It's a shame Lauryn is losing her curls but she is and will still be beautiful.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and now she is talking watch out world.......

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter