Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Cow Addiction


I know the title sounds a bit weird but it's true. Lauryn has a cow addiction. Since the moment she started sleeping in the porta cot in our room I made sure she had 3-4 stuffed animals. Not sure why, maybe so she wasn't so lonely or so she could adjust to it better. However, she has become attached to a stuffed cow that was put in there. She LOVES this cow! Her name is officially Bessie but we just call it Cow. If she finds Cow outside of the porta cot you would think she found gold or something! At a friends house for dinner, she would drop Cow and then go crawling quickly to it and then flop her head on it and then rub her face on it lol! Very funny to watch! She starts making funny noises too when she holds Cow. Cow is soooooooooo loved by Lauryn. Hugh often says 'Cow makes everything better' and now Kamryn says the same thing when Lauryn is giving Cow loves. Her two treasured items are Cow and Star blanket but I reckon Cow may win out in the end.

A week ago we exchanged gifts with Melissa after she had been gone to the States for nearly 5 months and she just happened to buy Lauryn a mini cow. And Lauryn went crazy over it! You would have thought her Cow actually had a baby. The funny thing about it is that Melissa didn't even know that she had a cow that she loved so much. If this is the only addiction I have to worry about in her little life then I am happy about it ;)

ETA: Found a photo of Lauryn with Cow but unfortunately it's from when she was 6 months old! Note to self: MUST GET A NEW ONE LOL!

4 Comments:

Blogger Rosemary said...

I found your post looking through Technorati tags about stuffed animals, because we have a blog devoted to stuffed animals and soft dolls, Plush Memories.

We get emails all the time from frantic parents looking for duplicates of a toy that their child has become attached to, but that has been lost or damaged. If Cow is so important to Lauryn, you might want to try to find a replacement before you need it. And, by all means, when Cow is outgrown, put it away carefully for when she is all grown up. It will be a very special gift some day.

10:28 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

Thanks for your post. I checked out your blog and what a great idea you have. I'm going to be on the look out for a Snuzzle now. And maybe I should look for another Bessie the Cow. I believe it's made by Russ. But since it's been over 3 years ago that I got it's probably unlikely that I will find another one. I must put up a pic of her with Cow. I just realized I don't have one photo of her with it! Some scrapbooking mommy I am!

11:19 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Darn it! I posted a comment this morning (before you added the pic) and it is not here!!
Anyway, what a cute story and picture! It is soooo sweet that Lauryn loves Cow so much!! Ethan has Froggie, he got him at 6 months and still sleeps with him. The first comment here makes me think that maybe I should think about getting a replacement ...

9:34 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I know what you mean! My Zachary has Ollie (his elephant) that he's 100% attached to...he also has big Ollie and then the original "little ollie" and then there's tiny Ollie :) But, big Ollie is the Mommy, etc :) It's so cute...I'm gonna have to check out the Plush Memories sometime cuz little ollie is getting, well, tattered to say the least.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter