Friday, June 24, 2005

Didn't Remember

Well our 4th anniversary was on Thursday. I talked to Hugh at work three times that day and not one word about our anniversary. I wasn't expecting anything since we don't have the money for gifts but an acknowledgement would have been nice. So nothing was said, not even when he got home from work. So while I was eating dinner, I said 'not bad for an anniversary meal'. Then he just paused and said he didn't realize our anniversary was today. The day is clearly marked on our calendar (one that everyone can view) and I made a point of asking what the date was on Thursday. He still didn't get it. Oh well, what can ya do??? Hope he remembers next year?? Hope that once our girls are old enough they can remind him??? Or should I actually remind him before the day arrives??? There aren't many dates he needs to remember but I surely thought he would have remembered our anniversary.

3 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

Hi there
I disagree. I think that more people need to make an effort to remember significant dates in order to keep the relationship strong. How much effort is there involved in remembering your wedding anniversary, really??? It's not like Christi was demanding an expensive present or anything like that. Small gestures (such as remembering someones birthday, anniversary...) count a lot in this busy life. I think that it's an excuse to say it's okay to not make an effort because people these days are in a hectic, tough, busy routine. Instead, this is exactly THE REASON WHY we should make the effort in order to keep marriages strong!! Christi, maybe get Hugh to tattoo the date on his forehead? Rachel : )

10:25 AM  
Blogger Christi said...

Rachel,

I'm glad you said something. I thought for a moment I was being unrealistic! Now I see that I wasn't lol! I agree completely with what you said........thanks!

Christi

11:07 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Hi Christi - I felt I had to say something, and couldn't keep my mouth shut if I tried! LOL.
About your questions to my posting on my blog. The Honda CR-V is a 1996 one I think... Also, Bruce will be looking after the boys (I'll be fitting around his work hours by working 1 or 2 weekday evenings and all day during the weekends). It sounds like a hard slog, I know, but as you say it should get us out of our financial crisis which has to be a good thing. Hugs Rachel : )

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter