Wednesday, May 31, 2006

What's Wrong with Women?

At the risk of being stoned to death, let me explain lol. I followed all the links mentioned in Kelly's blog to bring me to a list challenge that has been set up on another's blog. (Kelly's blog as all the links, I'm too lazy tonight lol.) So I'm not going to think about this in depth and I'm just going to go with it. Here goes (I'm probably risking every female relationship I have right now!):

*Too competitive. This is fine but it comes out in some ugly ways with women. We can't help but think we are the best and want others to see and appreciate that or at least acknowledge it.
*Gossip, gossip, gossip! OMG! I like gossip too but I have to say I can't keep it all in line. So I usually limit to gossiping with only one person lol. And I try to keep gossiping about friends out otherwise it puts bad impressions in people's minds.
*I'm right! Right sayers. That's us. I have learned being married to my husband that you just need to back down and does it really matter if we are right? At the end of the day, who's going to remember anyway? Surely not my husband!
*Know-it-alls. Why can't we just communicate without others assuming we are acting like we know it all? I get tired of over thinking what I have to say in order to avoid someone taking it the wrong way or getting all defensive.
*Friendships. Friendships with women suck lol. I'm sorry but they do. Sometimes I feel like I am pulling teeth to know some of my friends. Others can tell me everything and it seems that's all we talk about. But I like 'deep down know everything inside and out' relationships. See about lol, back to the 'know-it-alls'.
*Men. Why do we think we need them? Honestly, do they really serve some higher purpose other than giving us headaches, acting like we are their mother or donating their sperm???
*Women are catty. This has to be the ultimate thing I cannot stand about women. Why do we have to be catty towards one another? WHY??? I have wondered for years why it has to be this way and all I can figure out is that it has been this way for centuries and it probably won't change.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

Hmmm, I wonder if I can think of things that you and Kelly haven't already listed?? I know there are times I think about things like this but nothing is coming to mind right now!! Typical :-)

7:34 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Ditto for me! I notice the cattiness and cliqueness of some of the kindy mums (the kind that only look at you from their group that's gossiping, and never go out of their way to say hello or get to know you). You know the type! The ones that dress up and wear full make-up to drop off and collect their child from kindy. Heck, I often make it there wearing baggy trackpants and never ever wear make up (most often it's crusted food that's been left on my clothes by a grubby hand, lol)
I find that guys are more approachable, more down to earth. I like people who tell it like it is, and don't gossip behind your back. I respect this kind of person more, even though their ideas or suggestions might be hard to take initally, or their viewpoint might be opposite from my own.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Christi said...

Hmmmm, I am probably one that doesn't go out of my way to meet others or to say 'hi' for fear they are talking about me. Flash backs of high school! You know people are talking about you and the moment you walk up they just laugh lol. Hugh says I always see the negative. But we all know the one geek at school that got talked about behind their back and he 'seemed' naive that it was happening. So I know it happens, that's the problem. I'm trying to see Hugh's positive side but this isn't always so easy for me and it sure isn't easy for me to walk up and say something to someone but I am not chiquey or catty. I'm sure it can come across like that though.

1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

unique visitor counter